Author Topic: New Skill Training Discussion.  (Read 7765 times)

Keila

New Skill Training Discussion.
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:42:49 AM »
New Skill training system is live in game. Post here if you have noticed any issues or have questions.

Raster

Re: New Skill Training Discussion.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:45:46 AM »
How does this work with non-combat skills like brew/scribe/mend/lore etc?

-Raster

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:25 AM »
What about skills like divine focus/righteous will for paladins. You can use them in combat but it defeats the purpose. Divine being a group healing channeling skill. Righteous is mostly used to prep for a battle. Being bigger ups before you go in etc.

remi

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »
Is the new skill system supposed to slow down skilling at lower levels?

I was just testing it with a lvl 18 character.  I spent about 30 min clearing a low lvl exp zone...spamming my skills as i normally would and came out of the zone with only 3 **'s.  Normally spamming my skills for practice would yield all of the skills ready to train.

It seems WAAAAAAAY slower to skill now.  I'm not sure if that was the intention.

Just did all of que kiri and pigmies spamming (spook/hex/stupefy/frenzy) in every fight and not one **   with 21 int 22 wis...not sure if new skills working as intended

Also.....you don't mention but is int/wis still important for skills or was this completely removed and its solely reliant on # of attempts?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:20:13 PM by remi »

Episte

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 01:46:58 PM »

Is the new skill system supposed to slow down skilling at lower levels?

I was just testing it with a lvl 18 character.  I spent about 30 min clearing a low lvl exp zone...spamming my skills as i normally would and came out of the zone with only 3 **'s.  Normally spamming my skills for practice would yield all of the skills ready to train.

It seems WAAAAAAAY slower to skill now.  I'm not sure if that was the intention.

Just did all of que kiri and pigmies spamming (spook/hex/stupefy/frenzy) in every fight and not one **   with 21 int 22 wis...not sure if new skills working as intended

Also.....you don't mention but is int/wis still important for skills or was this completely removed and its solely reliant on # of attempts?

So I have started trying it out also and noticed at the 27plus side I got about three skillfully in thirty minutes and only used skills a total of about nine or ten times... Like using skills just cause or when they were needed. Positive exp so far

Keila

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »
Both combat and non-combat skills should be seeing an overall easier skill training curve over the course of their characters.

I appreciate all of the feedback, but please keep in mind that leveling a character halfway in the old system and then switching to the new system midflow may give people differing experiences on training skills.

In nearly every individual case, it should be easier to gain a point in the new system than the old. I'm not suggesting that the system is currently perfect, and I expect there will be some follow up tweaks in the coming days.

If you have a skill that is giving you particular trouble, feel free to call it out and I'll take a look. (character name is helpful here)

remi

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »
Shaman low level skills are broken.  I bugged it in game but spook, hex, stupefy, frenzy, taunt all move up very slowly at low lvl then get completely stuck at poor.  I have made 5 lvls and done a dozen or so full low-mid xp zones while spamming the skills above (no enlightens, no trains) once I hit poor. 

I'm going to shelf the shaman until this gets fixed because I don't want to get to 25+ and have a ton of skills stuck at poor that don't go up anywhere near as fast as they used to when you focus a skill.  I'm not sure if they are on a timer or not but I log in.....within 2-3 tries I get an enlighten then don't enlighten again for some time.  It's easier to just log out then back in and enlighten every hour or two.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 07:41:07 PM »
Might wanna train your skills on mobs that is either higher than you in level, or rank mobs.

Some skills have a cool down if you try training on the same mob.

But I'm not a shaman so you might be right. So far thief skill is reasonable.

remi

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
@Gulca

They were higher mobs and some were rank.  I did all of Que Kiri, some xp and rank mobs in vingaard, all of Que Teh, all of Pigmies, some of solamnic outpost.   All of silver trees, kobolds. 

So there were plenty of small rank mobs there and plenty of xp.  The skills are completely locked at poor.  (The ones I listed)

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 09:10:42 AM »
Thank you! Love seeing folks working to improve the enjoyability of the game.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »
Shaman low level skills are broken.  I bugged it in game but spook, hex, stupefy, frenzy, taunt all move up very slowly at low lvl then get completely stuck at poor.  I have made 5 lvls and done a dozen or so full low-mid xp zones while spamming the skills above (no enlightens, no trains) once I hit poor. 

I'm going to shelf the shaman until this gets fixed because I don't want to get to 25+ and have a ton of skills stuck at poor that don't go up anywhere near as fast as they used to when you focus a skill.  I'm not sure if they are on a timer or not but I log in.....within 2-3 tries I get an enlighten then don't enlighten again for some time.  It's easier to just log out then back in and enlighten every hour or two.

wtf dude? it's going up way faster than before.  enlightens galore.  stuff was training so fast in the regen quest i almost wanted the spell not to load.

remi

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
@Gnua       it's going up way faster than before.  enlightens galore.

What is going up?

I'm not sure if people can't read or have selective reading.  Only listed 5 skills that are completely locked.  (spook/hex/stupefy/frenzy/taunt).

The other skills are all moving nice and smooth.   But, those 5 skills have been locked at poor and haven't gotten an enlighten now in 3 days. 

All the rest of my skills are avg/fair.

Keila snooped me and watched and said something was buggy with shaman skills and to bug it.  So, obviously it's not made up.

oom

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 01:44:13 PM »
I would just like to say I'm pleased shaman skills are still impossible to train. If I had to suffer, everyone has to suffer!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 09:49:10 PM »
@Gnua       it's going up way faster than before.  enlightens galore.
What is going up?
I'm not sure if people can't read or have selective reading.  Only listed 5 skills that are completely locked.  (spook/hex/stupefy/frenzy/taunt).
Keila snooped me and watched and said something was buggy with shaman skills and to bug it.  So, obviously it's not made up.

i've got all 5 at average

remi

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 10:11:18 PM »
I am Level 25 and use spook, stupefy, hex,  hotkey'd in almost every fight.  They all enlightened and moved up very fast until poor then all 3 are completely stuck.  With how much I use them and such they should all be somewhere (average-good)

Field medic, bind, and Seance might be stuck too as I haven't seen any enlightens on either of them since poor, but too soon to tell

bandage       (excellent)          hex           (poor)       
     banish        (awful)             brew          (awful)           
     control       (average)         
     bind          (poor)              frenzy        (below average)   
     spook         (poor)           
     call spirits  (good)          **  stupefy       (poor)           
     taunt         (bad)             
     field medic   (poor)              seance        (poor)     

I have not yet practiced banish/taunt/hex/brew but have not seen a single enlighten in the skills listed above in 4 rl days since around lvl 12.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:13:59 PM by remi »