Author Topic: Legendary Robe Bonuses  (Read 2467 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Legendary Robe Bonuses
« on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »
I am all for change and switching things up with new load locations,  New quests and new ranks. With that being said, I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the new legend mage bonuses.  Previously this wipe all mages gained one intellect as well as one spell power and I think auto detect invis or magic. *edit* so these were wrong, red robed mages had this only.  But still changes nothing. *edit*  Ok, pretty sweet deal. Upon realizing that spell power is good and makes mages feel strong, just like all the melee and their 5000 damage times. You decide to switch things up, ok. Could be good.

Well, it turn out it WAS good.....for reds and whites.

Red robe: spell power, two dex and detect invis.

White robe: 100% spell critical.....2 con and auto shield. Pretty awesome.

Black robes: the same boring stuff they have always had. 2 Dex  (.....), protection from backstab.....the bapt? And detect magic. Seriously....i know blacks are the 'offensive' mage, but with the buffs to red and white they have just as much firepower and dmg output.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:52:56 AM by Kadaj »

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: Legendary Robe Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:17:53 PM »
Fear the dagger!

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »
I'd trade spellpower for protection from backstab anytime. Can't think of the number of times over the years I've been stabbed in zone, or in PvP.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »
Don't be ridiculous. A protection from one specific type of attack that rarely happens and even when it does, usually doesn't involve dying vs all the time having spell power or 100% crit on spells? Come on dude!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »
LOL @ Blackmagus

Tajs

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
Black robes got so much fire power and damage even BEFORE legend and then gets a rank that boosts their spellpower even further and steal everyone elses protective magics. Seems fine to me, that they don't get even more spellpower. In the over-all picture for the mages it's fairly balanced (even if mages in general ain't) imo, even though the legend bonus for blacks isn't so sexy as the others.

Then again, I'm all for cutting vastly down on spell power anyway :)