Author Topic: Skills and Training  (Read 7938 times)

Rednax

Re: Skills and Training
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 12:13:03 AM »
As a warrior this wipe I can say that parry seemed to take far longer to skill up / hit one enlighten than others. Took more than a few hours per day across several days. Disarm and bash also seemed to take quite a long time, but parry definitely took the longest.

I was able to skill up everything solo, however.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 11:29:50 AM »
Just reduce the total grind time from 80-100 hours for a skill  to about 25% less.  60-75 hours is fair.  Recuperate - avg to superb took over 80 hours to complete.

I wonder if something has changed because I'm pretty sure that I could keep recuperate on par with bandage simply by recuperating every time I bandaged.

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »
The Dark Knight inspire skill, as far as I can tell, requires you and your target to be in combat and grouped. It stops going up at poor when you only practice with your dragon. March also requires a group but with a druid you can get it up very quickly so it's trivial.

ever tried a charmie that wasnt the dragon?

No, but that's definitely worth testing.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 05:15:02 AM »
I would say parry is to hard to skill, 2 days in a row i got off work and skilled til i went to bed and it has moved from excellent to a higher level of excellent.  this is with 6 hours of training.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 06:42:37 AM »
Maybe because im a new paladin player but divine focus working on 3rd day training it from excellent to ...

Shimopy

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 09:47:38 AM »
My complaint is a legend requirement for skills I can only train while in a group. As a player who has predominantly soloed for ages this means finding a group and hanging out with them for literally a couple of day until I master the two skills I need for legend. I'd rather solo.

I recall you played mostly mages and warriors but even rescue can be trained solo with a charmie.  are you thinking of other classes?

Of all the classes I've legended (mage, barb, shaman) the worst skill by far is banish and not because of the time. It is worse than the 'solo' skills because you cannot really solo it.  It is worse than the 'group' skills because the 'engage' chance means that practicing while travelling or memming means that it disrupts group flow more so than all other group skills - so much so that you need a friend to give up their zoning time for your skill.  Group skills like Rescue, Battle Cry, Inspire, Rally and even Taunt can all be practiced while only 'somewhat' impeding the zoning process. Banish just shuts it down completely because you have a chance of attacking a groupmates charmie.

Agree that banish is the worst. The only way I've been able to do it is to find a druid who is willing to spend 4+ hours sitting in a room and conjuring things for me to banish. As a neutral, it's hard enough getting the required spells for a legendary shaman, but at least I have fun running hard zones and looking for those spells. Training banish is the opposite of fun.

Arctic is "different" than most games out there, and skill training/grinding has always been a rite of passage for anyone who plays it. However, it is a GAME after all, and if there is literally no fun scenario in which you can train a skill, then maybe something needs to be re-worked with that particular skill.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:10:56 PM by Shimopy »

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 10:36:45 AM »
Agree that banish is the worst. The only way I've been able to do it is to find a druid who is willing to spend 4+ hours sitting in a room and conjuring things for me to banish.

i think a level 15+ paladin also works in similar fashion. If you have trouble finding a druid/paladin send me a message and i'll roll one just for you for a price.