Author Topic: 6) Reroll this character.  (Read 6356 times)

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
Re: 6) Reroll this character.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19:57 AM »
Honestly, the amount of time wasted to figure out at lvl 2 if it's good stats, is about the same to get to lvl 3.  For example can you really tell between a 18 and 19 dex at lvl 2 ?  I'd rather spend the 5 extra minutes, get 50 coins and buy a knowledge. 

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »
50c? You are rich! I go with the 7c option.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »
man i think i am paying like 60c these days

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:07 AM »
I just use the free ones in solace. You noobs

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »
Yep that's the same conclusion I came to. That definitely needs to be fixed though because any min maxer will always save con when rolling for the extra hp.

Without peeling back the curtain to far, all I can say is there is there is no permanent benefit from picking con versus another stat.

The bug with primary stat and rerolling has been rectified.

If you say so...i saw some weird 1-2 gains in that case

Your hp at lvl one is the same you just have a con bonus. Con doesn't change hp gains it's a static bonus. So basically those extra hps at lvl 1 are the same as if you were wearing +con gear at lvl one. Not sure if that makes sense or not but that's what I've come to understand.

So if you start at 48 hp and get a 20 hp gain at lvl 2 you probably really got an 18 gain and the con bonus kicked in those extra 2 hp because that con bonus from getting your stats gives you a retroactive bonus so to speak.

I know what you're trying to say, I just don't believe from what I've seen that that's the case.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »
Honestly, the amount of time wasted to figure out at lvl 2 if it's good stats, is about the same to get to lvl 3.  For example can you really tell between a 18 and 19 dex at lvl 2 ?  I'd rather spend the 5 extra minutes, get 50 coins and buy a knowledge.

There used to be a very easy way to test dex at level 2.

get all.bread chest

Not sure if it still works.

And if you are a druid or cleric, for certain races you can immediatly tell if you got a good or bad wis roll, just by typing mem.

It might not save a ton of time, but if you know the roll is garbage as soon as you level to 2 there is no reason to keep playing until you reach 3.