Author Topic: Ranks  (Read 8848 times)

Ericj

Re: Ranks
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 09:18:12 PM »
Any thoughts of the old school "nobash" rank?  With some of the hardbash items that were removed *maybe they are back* it would be neat.  It would take a sacrifice of course for most your other ranks but again, another option for a player.

I saw Eddie responded to the idea of easing rank grind from 30-50 and increasing cap.  Any other thoughts?

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 11:24:31 PM »
I would love to see ranks go back to 100. 100 just sounds better.

I think having a nobash rank is just to strong.

I am in favor of gaining ranks the way someone else was talking about a few ago. You gain more if you haven't killed the mob in a while. It is lame that you get way less if you just so happen to do a zone that was just done by someone else.

Zalm

• Favorite Zone: Ancient Keep
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 12:59:30 AM »
It's already been mentioned in other threads, but it's still annoying and sad to see nothing being done to rebalance pk.

10 vs 10 pk  has degenerated into 2 to 3 chars dying per round  in  trigger-fest ambushes.

Legend characters bonusses are the biggest  reason pk has degenerated.
The whole concept of legend chars needs to be reserved for a very few who play the whole wipe( like rank 40+)
or completely revamped massively nerfed  bonusses or even  incremental improvements with ranks.

As the mechanics work now the immediate Legend  bonusses attained at rank 20 are simply, ridiculously overpowered damage-wise vs both  players and the playing environment.
This is beneficial for late stages of the wipe when groups are small and hard to find, allowing for players who prefer smaller groups to do bigger zones. but completely wrecks round by round pk in big groups. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:21:21 AM by Zalm »

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 01:19:30 AM »
10 vs 10 pk  has degenerated into 2 to 3 chars dying per round  in  trigger-fest ambushes.

Legend characters and their bonusses are the biggest the reason this is happening.
The whole concept of legend chars needs to be reserved for a very few who play the whole wipe( like rank 40+)
or completely revamped massively nerfed  bonusses. ATM the Legend  bonusses are simply ridiculously overpowered vs both players and environment.

Zalm, I agree with you, legend has negatively altered how pk plays out in large scale PvP and prob should be nerfed.
However, it is possible to survive for 10+ rounds in large scale pk with proper healing. I can point to examples in 2013 and the below single round example from July 19, 2016 where it is possible with good healing to withstand legend burst damage for multiple rounds.

439H 96V 51327423X 40.63% 1803C [Me:V.Good] [Kanga:Fair] Mem:2 Exits:NSW>

Sphonx massacres Fraker with his slash.
Scurry obliterates Fraker with his pierce.
Scurry obliterates Fraker with his claw.
With a yawp from the gut, Scurry unleashes a flurry of attacks.
Scurry annihilates Fraker with his pierce.
Scurry drives his spear to an opening in Fraker's armor.
Pyrrha barely pierces Sphonx.
Jaune cleaves Kanga extremely hard.
Jaune is burned, as he swings at Kanga.
Jaune is chilled, as he swings at Kanga.
Hao cleaves Kanga hard.
Hao is chilled, as he swings at Kanga.
Hao is burned, as he swings at Kanga.
You should probably stand up!
You miss Kanga with your hit.

439H 96V 51327423X 40.63% 1803C [Me:V.Good] [Kanga:V.Good] Mem:2 Exits:NSW>

Hao stands up.

You stand up.

Jaune stands up.

Sphonx focuses his purity on Fraker's leg!
Sphonx forces Fraker to the ground.
Sphonx faith burns Fraker.

Your group of 8 members consists of:
  Member              Hits      Move      Position  Fly Inv Water iMT Here Light Mem
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  WA Jaune            good      rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    0
  WA Hao              v.good    rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    0
  SH Bloat            v.good    rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    5
  CL Aymahn           v.good    rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     1    2
  SC Blake            perfect   rested    standing   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    0
  CL Fraker           awful     rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    6
  DR Glynda           perfect   rested    sleeping   Y   N    Y    N   N     0    0
  BA Pyrrha           v.good    rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    0

You utter the words, 'heal'
You heal Fraker.

And of course the below 22 round large scale 10v10 pk with nearly everyone legend on Lunitari.
Again, it's clearly evident the healing extended the fight.
http://normstorm.com/logs/june16_2013.txt
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:36:22 AM by Oligo »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 02:15:20 AM »
I dont think I would play if they took legends out honestly. Yes they are overpowered, but they are supposed to be. It gives you something to shoot for. So after you get your level 30, grind skills to superb, then wait for rank 20(currently). It gives you that extra level of power spike.

There used to be level of ranks right? You got those automatically. Like level 30, 1x, you should start at legend rank 1 or something maybe. Then building up from there somehow. Idk.

Removing legend would be the lamest solution though!

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 02:52:54 AM »

And of course the below 22 round large scale 10v10 pk with nearly everyone legend on Lunitari.
Again, it's clearly evident the healing extended the fight.
http://normstorm.com/logs/june16_2013.txt

One thing about that luni fight is healing cloud helped a ton in making that fight last longer.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 05:38:01 AM »
One thing about that luni fight is healing cloud helped a ton in making that fight last longer.

Healing cloud helped, but I think the healing of Mondrian and Aemon was pretty amazing. Especially the below round of healing.

502H 154V 1X 72.03% 5760C [Me:V.Good] [Lulu:Perfect] Mem:3 Exits:NESW>
Your group of 10 members consists of:
  Member              Hits      Move      Position  Fly Inv Water iMT Here Light Mem
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  WA Swibelgluck      perfect   rested    fighting   Y   N    N    Y   Y     0    0
  RE Alanis           perfect   rested    standing   Y   Y    Y    N   N     1    0
  SC Inverse          perfect   rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    Y   Y     0    0
  WA Yhonk            bad       rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     1    0
  WA Chorillo         perfect   rested    standing   Y   N    Y    N   N     0    0
  DR Royderage        good      rested    standing   Y   Y    Y    N   Y     1    1
  CL Aemon            v.good    rested    fighting   N   N    N    N   Y     0    3
  SC Moinier          fair      rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    N   Y     0    0
  BL Veigar           bad       rested    fighting   Y   N    Y    Y   Y     0    4
  CL Mondrian         perfect   rested    standing   Y   Y    Y    Y   Y     1    1

502H 154V 1X 72.03% 5760C [Me:V.Good] [Lulu:Perfect] Mem:3 Exits:NESW>
cast 'heal' Yhonk
** HEAL --> Yhonk (bad)
You utter the words, 'heal'
** [4]heal [9]cure critical [7]cure serious [7]cure light
You heal Yhonk.
Mondrian focuses on Veigar and utters the words, 'heal'.
Mondrian heals Veigar.

502H 154V 1X 72.03% 5760C [Me:V.Good] [Lulu:Perfect] Mem:4 Exits:NESW>

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
And if that group of a cleric, scout  and paladin had a basher,  maybe even an autohasted one when the rank is even cheaper,  they are gonna die.

Valenore

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
I wouldn't exactly call the healing amazing...

415H 148V 1X 72.03% 5760C [Me:Good] [Lulu:Perfect] Mem:1 Exits:NESW>
** Heal delay     : 0
** Component subs : Disabled
** Healbot        : Enabled
** Heal mode      : heal at bad
** Auto-rest      : Enabled
** Main tank      : Yhonk
** Auto-assist    : Disabled
** Healer mode    : Main
** Auto-brew      : Disabled
** Auto-scribe    : Disabled
** Auto-meditate  : Enabled
** Heal delay     : 0
** tryingheal     : 0
** Bot-train      : Disabled

I think all that proves is that healing is mindless activity, type group and heal the lowest life person below fair which is what the bot seems programmed to do.  Also, without healing mist the bot would have become overloaded and the fight would not have last nearly as long.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »
Nothing is worse than going to a zone you haven't done in a long time to switch up the variety and oh no, someone just ran it. Looks like no ranks for you. It would be a nice way to switch up what zones people run, most of the time when you are in a clan you all run the same zones together so you won't run into a WHOLE lot of 'well I just ran that earlier today so I don't want to go' since the chance of gear loading will help sway the rare occasion of this happening.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »
PK changes are not an easy fix. I'd like to plop a -20% on damage dealt by players to other players, but it's not as simple as it might sound unfortunately.

For the moment things will have to remain as they are, but it's very much on the radar.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 04:30:30 AM »
Making ranking easier would be fun, but unfortunately the only 2 guys who are good at spamming solo ranks want this to happen, wonder why!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 08:28:21 PM »
I agree we should lift ceiling on ranks to 100. Still only like 5 players have ever gotten to 50, so its not like this would massively change the game.

monty

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 04:15:14 AM »
Regarding Pk.

Make all actions done to players by players damaged reduced by 45%. There is your balance.