Author Topic: Why do people quit?  (Read 10789 times)

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Why do people quit?
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
Someone gave me a good idea and I am not sure that it has really ever been opened up to people to give their own brainstorming opinions about it... but over the years obviously tons of players have quit, and there are probably a bunch of different reasons why.
I could personally list a few reasons why, such as real life, girlfriends, deletion, getting hunted into extinction, self-video-game-addiction-intervention, too many massrips... just to list a few personal observations there. But what is the biggest reason other people think people leave and dont return? just curious here.

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Re: Why do people quit?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »
Boredom

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:32:08 PM »
Advances in technology.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »
6 Kids my man. Yep, that's how we do in Utah. But now my 10 year old is learning!

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 07:37:40 AM »
That's how the cultist does it in Utah, us normal folk go mountain biking/skiing when we want a kick in the nuts

kmark101

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 07:42:20 AM »
I always quit when I see that Wild suddenly has all eq rented for the rest of the wipe!
And when legendary skills steamroll all content, pretty boring.

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »
I have quit out of boredom mostly... Long wipes, noone wants to do anything, 'cause A) nothing is loading, B) everyone's a millionaire C) nothing is loading....
I like zoning regardless of whats loading or not... Most people don't :( ... So when that happens I actually go outside for a change instead! :)

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
when hoss deletes tim for pkilling wild, i usually quit. has happened now 3-4 wipes in a row i think. Also, many, many other games out there to play

monty

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »
Kids and such.

Toinu

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 07:50:47 AM »
Repetitiveness.

I've seen other MUDs with much more complicated post-30 battle systems. This one is more of a squash-type MUD exemplified with ryder's legendary squasher group a wipe or two ago (has this been that long lol) that was at the top of the food chain... battles don't require personal skills per say.

This MUD has a super super nice questing system (both class & area questing/mapping) and class learning but not much more past that. That's why i suggested - in the idea section - making a new class that would be quest-based and focused between level 1 and 30. To go full-force into a questing style.

As for adding complexity to the battle system... i dunno. Maybe a bit late in 2016 to suggest ideas. I have some, i've seen amazing battle systems, but as i say, a bit late now maybe.

Sialleba

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 10:39:28 PM »
I like to play for the first few months of a wipe. The game is more interesting since the gear isn't as concentrated and you can actually find things again.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 05:20:00 AM »
hoss asked dennis who does joe play and then he deleted me lol.. thats why i quit. And all my buddies soon quit after.

puff

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »
Someone PM me IRC info and I'll be back for wipe :)

Nostramazos

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »
Gramm, everyone here gives you the wrong reasons because they do not have the insight the Mazas, Myths and KOS have about this game. Notwithstanding real life reasons, people quit due to the negative and detrimental attitudes that exist in the game, that simply make it a hassle to even play. It's not only rage quitting that reflects this attitude but also the calculated quitting of players who do not care about gear or the pk war that they inadvertently got involved in but just want to explore and learn the game.

There is plenty of rage in this game that is expressed in a variety of ways, (rage quitting, paranoia, gear frolicking, random pk, swearing, penis comparisons) and exists in both immortals and mortals. And it affects those people, both immortals and mortals, who do not want to spent time on those interactions.

Nostramazos, Wise in High Heels and a Red Dress

adepali

• Administrator
  • Fodder
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 10:12:13 AM »
Nostramazos +1