Author Topic: Ranking System  (Read 5207 times)

Hoyt

Ranking System
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:33:55 PM »
Ranking system should be more individual based rather than zone/time based.  So every new zone one visits would be new ranks.  Lets say one could hit a zone 1 time for full rank second time for half rank than 0 rank from than on till you say gain 2 or 3 ranks or make it 3 or 4 ranks what ever. they way it is set now you have the same high level people hitting the same low zones for ranks and doesn't give someone that is leveling a character a chance to gain any rank percent.  Maybe it is just me and i am bitching i don't know.

Thanks that is all :)

el conquistador

• Zoner
Re: Ranking System
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 07:56:04 PM »
it does kind of suck.  there is no way to tell what zones have been done recently.  so even when you way off the path to some weird little zone you are sure no one has done recently you usually end up getting .02%. 

but there are those other times when somehow you find full ranks somewhere.  it is just based on luck i guess. 

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:14:42 PM »
Yep.  If you do something for the first time on your character you should be rewarded for it...shouldn't matter how often it is done for that first encounter with your char.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:12 AM »
What if there was a bounty board in major towns? It could list the top 3 mobs for each level range of  20-24, 25-29, 30+, whatever mobs haven't been killed for the greatest length of time. Maybe give a small hint about where they are located.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
the reward is maximum xp lol :p

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 02:05:14 PM »
What if there was a bounty board in major towns? It could list the top 3 mobs for each level range of  20-24, 25-29, 30+, whatever mobs haven't been killed for the greatest length of time. Maybe give a small hint about where they are located.

the world merchant gives you a pretty good idea of what zones were just done. you could take a guess based on the eq that is not at the world merchant.

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 03:58:30 AM »
I would suggest a level bonus applied to rank exp gained. If the mob is lower level, no bonus, if the mob is equal level 1.5 modifier applied if the mob is higher level, 2x modifier applied. Legend mob 3x

Might speed ranking some what at all levels, particularly for new characters

Myte

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »
This is how ranks worked in 2005. You had to kill X number of rank mobs for the first time in order to gain a rank. You would start to top out when you couldn't get to the mid-high zones without well rounded groups but I honestly liked that system way better.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 02:02:08 AM »
This is how ranks worked in 2005. You had to kill X number of rank mobs for the first time in order to gain a rank. You would start to top out when you couldn't get to the mid-high zones without well rounded groups but I honestly liked that system way better.

2005??? man u old

Myte

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 03:15:09 AM »

2005??? man u old

man we were born 13 days apart, you're older than me!

elenacOb

Ranking System
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »
How could I achieve top ranking on google for my site keyword web development services ?

Umarth

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis (duh)
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »
How could I achieve top ranking on google for my site keyword web development services ?

ELL OH ELL