Author Topic: More things  (Read 7297 times)

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
More things
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:16:44 PM »
  • Some more sets added. Gave class sets a minor buff to make them desirable and will post their stats when i do full patch note release
  • More areas had load rate nerfs. Mainly targeted at high level areas/mobiles which are quick to run.
  • Alchemy quest has been ghetto fixed. A yellowed tome now loads on two mobiles, studying it as a Cleric/Druid/Shaman/White, Red or Black robe now gives you alchemy master flag, as if you had completed the quest. You will have to discover the load locations of these on your own, because reasons.
  • A couple of high level zones had keyword changes. These are older zones where 99.9% of people know the keyword, but 0.01% of people solved it themselves. If you actually know the area most of them will be re-solvable in 10 minutes. If you don't... buckle up.
  • Various low level areas got an exp buff to be more in line with Solace.
  • Astral locate got the chop. Given this was a really strong spell I thought for quite a while about what to replace this with. In the end, since it was a utility spell I've settled on an alternate utility spell - summoning circle. I have pre-sliced cheese to enjoy the delicious whine heading my way.
  • Nightmare has had its chance to land upped ever so slightly. This was nerfed some time ago and needed fixing.
  • Various no-lore and fake-lore items will now reveal their secret shinies more openly. Some I have intentionally left as fake or nolore. If you come across an item when the game goes live that is nolore or fakelore and feel it shouldn't be feel free to message me, and I'll consider the whine on its merit.

Additionally, depending on time constraints I'm intending to introduce a new type of content. I'm going to revamp a few old, shitty mobiles that are pointless save a cheap rank and add some new mobiles. I'm hoping to have it ready by live, if not shortly after. Basically the idea is to have "world bosses" that load on very low chance with nice shinies. Here's the quick version:

• The new mobs will have 1 room attached to an existing location, or already have one if it is an existing mobile. They will be in relatively easily accessible locations. An example of an existing mobile that would fit the criteria would be the aurumvorax on the icy tundra (just an example, not using this one because people would probably spam dirs into that room then cry).
  • All of them will be "stand alone" - as in not part of a larger zone.
  • The entrance to their room will be blocked to legendary characters only. The rooms will be scannable though, so you don't have to face plant into their room to see if they're alive.
  • Every few hours a percentage check will occur. On a very low chance, one of the 10 mobiles will spawn at random. Once one is alive it will not despawn until it is killed or there is a reboot. The percentage check will not occur once one mobile is alive - meaning it has to die before there is a chance for any of the others to spawn.
  • These mobs will be hard. I might balance them to groups of five to make them more accessible to smaller playing groups.
  • These mobs will have nice shinies.

Post feedback, particularly interested about the world boss one.

eddiex

• Zoner
Re: More things
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »
Regarding high level zone kws. Hope this included blood shoal, I doubt anyone active on the game solved the kws themselves without your help (pre-imm) jorquin or some other outside help! I'm in extreme doubt as to people figuring kraken and sekolah kws on their own, but hey maybe my friend and I have overlooked something obvious in the hours we spent spelunking. Like u said, if they solved it themselves it should only take ten min right? Also don't know the zones which were altered but hope if they were extremely obscure kws they are less so now. But exciting change.

Regarding astral locator: jorquin = #basegod! Are you still considering removing or altering  regular locate as well?

Regarding nightmare change, will prism and blast wave be looked at too? (Or can we expect groups of 5 nightmares running around with no red robes and white robs?) From my understanding white and red big3 do pretty nominal damage, nightmare disables target, does damage, and does not wear off out of combat, pretty significant comparatively to other two. remember when prism holds and feebles hit more often. I would still love to see the classic PWS over stupid blastwave (lamest Mage change of the last decade)

World bosses sound amazing: I'm hoping the great gear that loads on these is also %chance load so it's not a first come first serve situation. This sounds like fun new content, I look forward to challenging them.

Thanks for all the changes, definitely enthused by all the work. Hope I will get the opportunity to return and try them soon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:13:05 PM by eddiex »

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
World bosses will be low enough percentage that the gear will likely not get maxed, especially since its 1/10.

They're intended to be uncommon, i'm not a mathematician but i'd expect around 1-2 of them to load per week (depending on how quickly they're killed). Rooms will likely be capped at 5 actually to stop jackasses trying to murder-hobo people there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:25:07 PM by Jorquin »

Attai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 05:44:40 PM »
World bosses will be low enough percentage that the gear will likely not get maxed, especially since its 1/10.

They're intended to be uncommon, i'm not a mathematician but i'd expect around 1-2 of them to load per week (depending on how quickly they're killed). Rooms will likely be capped at 5 actually to stop jackasses trying to murder-hobo people there.

Would'nt that also leave a potential form of abuse as a pk hide spot if its a Legendary only room thats lim 5?

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 05:48:44 PM »
I don't think it would be difficult to restrict aggressors from entering (like some peace rooms or solace guild halls etc). Could be wron though.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:25:39 PM »
"nightmare disables target, does damage,"

Is this a new spell?

Prism actually can do quite a lot of damage, trust me. Nightmare was 100% useless this entire wipe so it didn't really matter.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »
I love the world boss idea! Finding instincts is what made me start playing the scout class in the first place. So much fun and frustration. Also learning the different specs associated with those mobs added a whole new level of complexity. Just great.

If the world bosses are similar in nature to the instincts, but much harder to slay, this is gonna be an awesome wipe!

puff

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »
Quests were a lot of fun too. I know a lot of work, but yeah. In the time I've been gone, have people figured out tower of sorcery yet? Or is that even a real zone/quest?

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 09:58:30 PM »
  • A couple of high level zones had keyword changes. These are older zones where 99.9% of people know the keyword, but 0.01% of people solved it themselves. If you actually know the area most of them will be re-solvable in 10 minutes. If you don't... buckle up.

I'm guessing Irda bard fight room. Lotta folks know the kwd, less knew the origins.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:21 PM »
  • Nightmare has had its chance to land upped ever so slightly. This was nerfed some time ago and needed fixing.
Will this impact veil of ice or iceskin saving against nightmare - or is that unchanged?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 10:23:41 PM »
The mage shall rise again!

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 02:23:46 AM »
  • Astral locate got the chop. Given this was a really strong spell I thought for quite a while about what to replace this with. In the end, since it was a utility spell I've settled on an alternate utility spell - summoning circle. I have pre-sliced cheese to enjoy the delicious whine heading my way.

All great changes, except this. Astral locate is a pretty class defining spell, particularly when you consider how difficult it was to obtain in the first place. So why replace it with a spell duplicated by so many other classes that're already favored in groups because of heals, resists, cures, damage? Why not something along the lines of a castable legend lore? Or perhaps a damage link which caused magic damage done to the target to be imparted in part, or in full to the caster?

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 03:23:51 AM »

All great changes, except this. Astral locate is a pretty class defining spell, particularly when you consider how difficult it was to obtain in the first place. So why replace it with a spell duplicated by so many other classes that're already favored in groups because of heals, resists, cures, damage? Why not something along the lines of a castable legend lore? Or perhaps a damage link which caused magic damage done to the target to be imparted in part, or in full to the caster?

Who's blackmagus, so that I can add him to my permanent hunting list?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 03:34:28 AM »
Dude you are the lord of random, arent we ALL on that list really? : p you are the last of an age of tollhouse fisherman.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 04:55:50 AM »
Dude you are the lord of random, arent we ALL on that list really? : p you are the last of an age of tollhouse fisherman.

I believe the word you were looking for it sociopath.