Author Topic: Where we're at  (Read 14617 times)

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
Re: Where we're at
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2016, 01:39:47 PM »
I think we should actually have pre-designated wipe dates every year or maybe less.  This way people can plan around family, work, and other life obligations.   A lot of people want to wipe now.  It's barely been a full year.  So I'm thinking once a year around  Sept/Oct have a set wipe date, that way any major changes can be pushed through and we can all take time off from work or make plans.   What do others think?

Rednax

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2016, 02:53:34 PM »
I wouldn't be opposed to a pre-set date. Something like "first weekend of X month" seems like a good idea.

As far as wiping now is concerned, I think most people would be fine with a wipe as soon as possible as long as the changes get rolled out.

Kronos

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
I seriously vote for doing it ASAP. Sept 2nd. Any way could be ready by then?

-JTF
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:20:48 PM by Kronos »

breiner

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2016, 12:55:08 AM »
Frequently wipes are done when imms have time for it and when certain projects are completed. Having a deadline when you do volunteer work might not be that desirable.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
Many, many sets are being re-added. We'll throw a list out when they're done. Ranks are getting some love too, mainly aimed at reducing coin costs for quite a few. Here's a list of other things that have happened, but keep in mind I'm not listing items being changed back to what they historically were.

• Most mobiles in Ancient Keep no longer need to be killed to load items. Their load rates have been adjusted (lowered) accordingly. A couple still will not reset with repop for various reasons.
  • Arctic night got a little love, but looks the same on paper.
  • Quester rod is slightly better now.
  • Some items in TOT are now actually useful.
  • Skullcap rewards got hit with the nerf bat - they made everything except Cyan / Blazewight equipment look awful. There's still some serious shinies there, though.
  • Some items from Que-Kul are now rent decay to prevent them sitting in rent forever. Some load rate alterations here also
  • Some items from Khur got nerfed slightly, a couple got buffed slightly. Some load rate alterations.
  • Some items from Frostbyte (the bad ones) got a nice buff.
  • Frostbyte is now less of a pussy. To begin with, I wouldn't try it without some form of prep. I'll keep on eye on how this plays out once we go live. Consider yourselves warned.
  • The bad items from Ochre got buffed. Load rates here have been dropped a bit, except for one item that which was loading at a good rate.
  • As previously mentioned, a ridiculously obscure quest for a weapon in Lytburg has been moved. The reward has been allocated to another quest which is slightly more widely known, but still a little obscure. I would imagine someone will find it relatively quickly.
  • Gilean's Spire had a couple of old items re-added loading at relatively low %
  • Master of Maces got a significant face lift. En'gla and Gruarth are now a lot less wimpy. Their rewards have been adjusted to suit, though with lower load rates (excluding the prayerbook which is loading more now).
  • The biggest mob in Lytburg had its load rates cut. It was previously loading at 100%, which is a bit silly.
  • Some minor tweaks to a couple items in Ravenshadow. Mainly minor buffs, but nothing to go crazy about.
  • Significant buffs to rewards from Terzak's Tower. Difficult remains the same, this change is mainly to reward players for having the mental fortitude to get through this shit-bucket without going insane.
  • Lord Rayne done got himself some new shinies. Load rates dropped.
  • A certain bracer from Icewall Castle is now limit one. You can thank some guy who wore two and made it blatantly obvious this needed to happen. You know who you are.
  • FT load rates dropped dramatically, they were actually really high - hence the zone being perpetually maxed. Additionally, several items there are now unlimited. Overall this zone should be slightly more attractive to run as some things should load, and the likelihood the good things are maxed will be less.
  • Dragon hilted claymore is now awesome.
  • Lady Claudia's equipment is no longer awful.
  • A couple of items from Argentine got changed. This was mainly to decrease the chance you want to kill yourself after paying 25k coins for items that end up in the dump.
  • A specific casket at the end of a quest line has had its load rate dropped. The reward was loading at 100% previously and would sit in one persons hands until they quit, which is a bit meh.
  • A few items from Kagonesti Hinterlands will now decay in rent to prevent them disappearing into the inn forever.
  • A couple of random force load mobiles around the world with unique, top tier items have been changed to percentage load with a low load rate.

That's all for now! Feedback welcome as always.

Edit: Oh I forgot, a certain lich now loads green things at a low-ish rate on death.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:31:22 AM by Jorquin »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
Awesome list.

Will you be doing anything with some mid tier zones? Like Qualinesti, DKO? Just some new item loads or tweaks.

mrmavisb

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2016, 03:52:02 PM »
Finally lich is useful again, 100x with no load led to 8 months of time off. Thank you!!!

Tajs

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 12:44:47 AM »
Oh yeah, and PLEASE fix the quest system! I miss the paladin, dark knight, alchemy quest ..and add some more if you can find the time :)

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Changes look amazing, great work in a short amount of time!

Can we get an update on wipe date?  I think there was some talk about a poll or something of some potential dates?  Thanks!

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »
We're holding off announcing a wipe date until we can get heal altered back to previous state.

Once that's done, we'll be announcing. I'd like to set mid September (Friday, 16 September) at some evening time US... but we'll see how we go. When we're ready to announce you guys will be the first to know.

Sets - big shoutout to Flook for this one, it was all him...
  • Armaboro no longer sucks
  • Scorched steel set re-added
  • Evil haste set is around
  • Black dragonhide set back in
  • Ivory set back in
  • Desert rat set back in
  • Brass dragonscale set back in
  • Woodsman's set back in
  • Clear crystal set back in
  • Blue dragonscale set back in
  • Red dragonscale set back in
  • Green dragonscale set back in
  • Regal green dragonscale set back in

Other changes:
  • Mystic Vault combination and clues have changed.
  • A load location was added for Omen. Also the keyword/s for entry to the only currently functioning omen quest will be de-"ridiculized".
  • You can now rent in almost every city previous, even some of the wierdo ones (I'm lookin at you, Vry Kith)

Feedback good as always.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
  • You can now rent in almost every city previous, even some of the wierdo ones (I'm lookin at you, Vry Kith)

Any comment on Lytburg?

Also any timing on a possible chaos day, perhaps a day when bots can come out of the closet.

Rednax

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
Is Ergothian set still a thing?

I think it would also be nice to have another thread where all of the new set pieces/bonuses can be seen.

Other minor nitpick: Are there still sets that exist/you are planning to add beyond the ones you've listed? I've never seen any mention of Humas ever being a set (but it was!)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:45:56 PM by Rednax »

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 05:53:05 PM »
Boiiiioiioiioidioiioioong!! Schwing! Party on Jorquin!

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 06:39:36 PM »
How about that grey lizard set? You know you love it!

Also, you guys are the best...at ruining my relationships!!! I'm mudding too much!

Kidding aside thanks for all the hard work.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »
When you are making suggestions keep in mind there is a strain on staffing resources. Time spent making a grey lizard set is time not spent affecting other change. How many people care about some rando level 20 set drom a lizard? Or are we better off investing that time in other change?

No, Lytburg is not rentable for a couple of reasons which i will not list.