Author Topic: Locate object / Astral locator  (Read 15150 times)

Ericj

Re: Locate object / Astral locator
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2016, 10:55:47 PM »
I like that idea Kadaj.  I guess in general I'm in favor of making the game more interesting with ranks being a bigger part of equation.  It is always fun if when zoning and even if group pops gear and you don't get it, you walk away with sweet ranks it feels good.  Progress is always fun!

Also dying in pk, hitting a dt or after taking a break from mud it is fun to come back to a strong rank character to drive your ambition. 

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2016, 12:30:25 AM »
I forgot to mention earlier another reason why locate object is so OP is because not only is it used to cull zones of any gear.  Once a clan has all the gear they can possibly acquire from zones, they then use it to spam locates on other people who have items they want.  As soon as they no longer see Gramm carrying his ancient green sword (this almost never happens due to his Canadian crippler deathgrip) it is time to head straight for largus.  Locate is just so OP < even the regular version.  Please alter or remove.

I think this belongs in the rank section but I am responding to Kadaj and Erics posts..

I believe the system Kadaj is referring to may be the one where the unique boss mobs in zones usually last fights gave full rank % for first kill each rank, but you then received minimum rank xp every other time you killed the mob that current rank.  This system definitely promoted and rewarded zoning diversity which is a positive and would definitely fit in well if locate object was removed.

One relatively easy change to ranking that I think would go a long way in subduing the grind without requiring too much work is simply taking away the loss of rank XP from death after achieving 1x or whatever it is that triggers this to begin.  I know there was a pretty obscure soulkeep potion in the past that had a similar affect.

I do agree with Eric on the fact that it would be nice to log on a naked character and get back into fold with a strong character (through ranks) after some Arctic offtime.  Having stronger naked characters may ease the pain of DTs or Pk and change the dynamic of the game in a positive way.  I imagine it may also alleviate the concerns of casual players not being able to acquire better gear.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2016, 07:18:53 AM »
Locate object is a great way for a newer or less experienced character to find gear. Need some robes, locate. Need a staff, locate. There's absolutely no indication as to whether the caster will be about to gain said loot, but it gives them a reason to explore.

Removing these spells caters too much to the knowledgeable and elite in the game. They know where stuff is or have the clan to provide them the information. Do we want in addition to handing the game back to the troublesome and blacklisted want to make it more difficult for new or returning players to field the game?

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2016, 09:07:42 AM »
This will make more experienced players have to actually go to a zone and give other people chance to get equipement. More experienced players will hoard all the eq with locate object because they know all the location spots and will not have to spend time doing a zone rather just go get all the equipment. Removing Locate object is a great idea because it is kind of OP and unfair. People can now have a real chance of being rewarded by going and doing a zone everyone will have equal opportunity of getting gear and a chance to repop other players decays. Now someone can't just bogart a item all wipe, and it should encourage people to look more at people to find out who has what then just standing in a city and just locating items miles away.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »
Astral locator replaced with summoning circle, locate object stays.

Closing this thread.