Author Topic: Leader Bonus  (Read 3182 times)

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
Leader Bonus
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
Another one that is a bit out there.

How about adding to the "leader" flag some neat kickbacks for leading a group? Nothing major, but maybe the character leading a group gets a 2% bonus to exp or rank? Or some other bonus like +hit roll or maybe we even make it class specific.

A thief as the leader might get a bonus to backstab while a Paladin's god might imbue a greater bonus...I'm thinking modest, but noticeable pluses for leading.

My thought being this may incentivize players to lead more, learn more zones, spice up the zoning grind with a new char leading.

snax

Re: Leader Bonus
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
I dunno.....it seems like the incentives of being a leader in selecting the zones, and choosing where gear goes are perks enough without incentivizing a very small subset of the playerbase that actually leads groups....but I could be wrong.

and really, in terms of ranking is 2% more of most ranks (beyond the first few) worth implementing?  I mean 2% of a .03 rank is ....well...not very much.

The hr and stuff on the otherhand has some promise.... how about leaders get saves vs spells, that would make for some interesting trash pk bots later on in this wipe.  HR itself just encourages botting at low levels.

my 2%

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
Re: Leader Bonus
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »
Under the current group code, this isn't really possible.  Part of the lube project is to make groups more versatile and I might consider this then, but I am not sure I even like the root of the idea.