Author Topic: Multi-ing / Botting  (Read 42186 times)

Zalm

• Favorite Zone: Ancient Keep
Re: Multi-ing / Botting
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 02:52:57 AM »
Nothing  has contributed more to the  continuing decline of the playerbase like botting and players who bot.
I'd prefer zero tolerance , but the imms never had the desire to enforce zero tolerance for whatever reasons.
Start deleting... they'll stop.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:38:54 AM by Zalm »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 03:28:58 AM »
Start deleting who? Do you know how many people bot? Do you know who they are? How can you police something with zero tolerance when there is 0 ways to stop it? You can't even site ban people anymore!

The main reason I want to be able to multi, is I want to be able to do something when there is no one on. Should i be forced to not play when I log and see 4 other people on? "You can group those 4 people" And if they don't want to group? So im forced to log off...?

The main reason being: It's already being done on a massive scale. And I have yet to hear one person say they quit because someone else they dont even bapting play with bots/multis.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2016, 03:47:53 AM »
Nothing  has contributed more to the  continuing decline of the playerbase like botting and players who bot.

You are confusing cause and effect.

Zalm

• Favorite Zone: Ancient Keep
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2016, 04:53:47 AM »
@Oligo ....
No I'm not confusing anything...
Bots and bot players shit in the nest. Now they get to sleep in it.

@jorake
Nobody cares about bots on a 5 char mud.
Nobody cares about bots clearing Thorbardin.
We're talking about 10 char bot pk clans that want/willing to grief   
We're talking about all the newer players over time that never found an entry space into a  group, thanks to bots
and btw botting/multiing  is such an easy check....

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2016, 06:02:19 AM »
I'd prefer zero tolerance , but the imms never had the desire to enforce zero tolerance for whatever reasons.

ya actually i think when botting went unchecked this game was the most popular its ever been. There were 50+ people and 4-5 active clans at the END of a pwipe as opposed to when the Hoss regime took over and started deleting people they didn't like and accused them of botting or asshattery or whatever bullshit excuse. Since the Hoss regime took over this has been a dead game after the first 1-2 months of a pwipe and I don't really think that could be disputed.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »

ya actually i think when botting went unchecked this game was the most popular its ever been. There were 50+ people and 4-5 active clans at the END of a pwipe as opposed to when the Hoss regime took over and started deleting people they didn't like and accused them of botting or asshattery or whatever bullshit excuse. Since the Hoss regime took over this has been a dead game after the first 1-2 months of a pwipe and I don't really think that could be disputed.

AGREED SIR KIR Agreed, Well SAID! hear! hear!
botting/multi-ing, this has happen every wipe if you want to cry about it most people who do are in clans or have been in groups with them and actually have botters/multi playing and have no bapting idea or maybe they do and those people cannot say they did not have a good time being able to play the game with a group. Now those groups/clans have an advantage on most of us, so if you allow Botting, people will have a chance to get gear and defend gear and have a real fighting chance against those who will continue to do so. Plus allowing this would create a new style of play, without being afraid to do so. If you have not tried mult-ing it is because you have been too chicken shit to do so and if you tried it out you would see it is actually fun being able to play without restrictions, being able to try out multiple classes/races at a time and being able to literally play with yourself! With that being said, You can't tell me that playing with yourself sometimes is bad!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:34:53 AM by newbie123321 »

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2016, 01:34:31 PM »
Is it possible to integrate bot scripts in to the game for easier botting?

One thing i've hated about good botters is im not one,  it would be much more appealing if it was as easy as off and on for certain things.  Inputing scripts is not something I have a clue about

Lewis

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
Allow it!

I don't consider myself a good player, I've never been clanned. 90% of my fun in this game is exploring/walking around reading and searching for stuff and figuring out quests etc.

I don't care about PVP, I've killed/been killed a lot but that's it, none of your holy and fabulous clan wars.

Gooooood luck finding a group in this game when you're not clanned with so few people online.

Allow me to multi/bot and you've just expanded the number of stuff I'm gonna try to go check again. You know, all thoses notes on paper (Come back with help one day)

/plead

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2016, 07:16:33 PM »

[/quote]
If you have not tried mult-ing it is because you have been too chicken shit to do so and if you tried it out you would see it is actually fun being able to play without restrictions, being able to try out multiple classes/races at a time and being able to literally play with yourself! With that being said, You can't tell me that playing with yourself sometimes is bad!
[/quote]

Just because I've never had the urge to CHEAT and use another bot or multi, doesn't meant I'm chicken shit.  I'm sure several other players like Zalm, feel the same.  It means I actually have ethics.   I know several other players here for the last 20 years have been quite successful at playing without this need for help.  If I had my legend cleric/barb, I wouldn't need a group ever and would be able to 2 man most of the game.  So it makes no difference that I haven't tried it. I could try crack rock too because of peer pressure, but you don't see me running down to get some coke and make freebase out of it.  It seems like the ones that are for botting are the ones who've used this crutch for years.  Time to throw away the training wheels and learn to play without helpers.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2016, 03:58:58 AM »

If you have not tried mult-ing it is because you have been too chicken shit to do so and if you tried it out you would see it is actually fun being able to play without restrictions, being able to try out multiple classes/races at a time and being able to literally play with yourself! With that being said, You can't tell me that playing with yourself sometimes is bad!
[/quote]

Just because I've never had the urge to CHEAT and use another bot or multi, doesn't meant I'm chicken shit.  I'm sure several other players like Zalm, feel the same.  It means I actually have ethics.   I know several other players here for the last 20 years have been quite successful at playing without this need for help.  If I had my legend cleric/barb, I wouldn't need a group ever and would be able to 2 man most of the game.  So it makes no difference that I haven't tried it. I could try crack rock too because of peer pressure, but you don't see me running down to get some coke and make freebase out of it.  It seems like the ones that are for botting are the ones who've used this crutch for years.  Time to throw away the training wheels and learn to play without helpers.
[/quote]

I apologize for calling out those who have not chicken I am just trying to use reverse psychology here, now bapting make it legal for one wipe! 2 toons per player!!!!

puff

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »
Everyone knows that I have some sort of strange OCD fascination with rolling warriors. I've done it manually (without multi-ing or botting) the entire time. I have a problem.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
I've done it manually (without multi-ing or botting) the entire time. I have a problem.

No lie, but I roll chars manually too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:07:37 PM by Oligo »

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »
If we do allow botting... it will be like 10 myth clans running around mass ripping all day instead of just one. Thats all that will really happen..

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2016, 09:27:50 PM »
10 angry myth clans that hunt eachother then unite to mass trigger on entry kill at the tollhouse for 100 massacres!

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2016, 09:56:54 PM »
What about a game-sanctioned "helper" bot as an alternative to a player controlled bot?
Now don't shoot me just yet, but like, if you're soloing you can go recruit some healer, tank or dps or whatever "helper" in some cities for a cost?
Like a companion....

Yeah I know, there has to be some smarts programmed into this helper so it's not completely useless, and it can be done no problem... Would that maybe be the way around people botting? Maybe, if the bots are worth anything... It would be available to everyone, and all the haters would be happy with the fact that multying/botting is forbidden, but you could still have the benefit of some backup if you're a solo kind of person, or just happen to be out of friends to do something you need to do on a perticular day?

Just an idea :)

Flame away!