Author Topic: Got ideas?  (Read 16398 times)

Keila

Re: Got ideas?
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »
I would like to see some form of lowbie starter quest to get a worn fly item, or atleast a repeatable easy quest to get some fly potion to get around at low level as a newbie. The one in Solace is pretty obscure, and not very repeatable, even tho it's flagged as a great newbie starting area (Solace that is) :)
Might help some new people get around better/faster/with less hassle and swearing?

There is a fly item in Solace that you can probably get from level 5 on with a 100% drop rate. It's been there for 10 years and noone uses it!

Patpat

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
-some rank/eq to save vs stun
-more info in score. i want to see what my armor/apply/saves/etc are
-more clarity on the impact of stats on skills so I can make decent choices when I wear eq
-some of the newer classes have far less eq that they can wear than the older classes. maybe someone can go through and tweak some of the older eq and make it shamanable?
-charmies that stop following because some mob dodged and you smacked them is horrible. is there a way we can fix this?

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
One thing that always bothered my is how certain casters benefit from two stats (i.e. cleric mems faster with int, gains more slots with wis) while mages only benefit from int. Sure, it makes it easier to roll a mage since you don't need to care about the other stat but it just feels a bit inconsistent.

What if the spell slot progression was tweaked a bit and wis gave bonus slots to ALL casters, mages & shamans included.  As a nice side bonus, the useless stat charisma could be deleted from the game forever.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »
-more clarity on the impact of stats on skills so I can make decent choices when I wear eq
-some of the newer classes have far less eq that they can wear than the older classes. maybe someone can go through and tweak some of the older eq and make it shamanable?
-charmies that stop following because some mob dodged and you smacked them is horrible. is there a way we can fix this?

- there is ranks to save vs stun.  but there is debate over which rank to buy: para or spells and rumors that it changed in the past few years
 - i havent had the problem of gear that i want being noshaman.  the only 'problem' i usually run into is that lots of decent gear (e.g. spider queen stuff) breaks the macabre shaman set. As far as I can tell gearing a shaman is both easy and unnecessary because naked shamans are still quite powerful.
 - i'm pretty sure the charmie dodge foom thing changed last wipe but i was never sure of the rationale.  the best i can come up with is to give shamans a reason to invite others to join their cash runs.  given how insanely helpful a shaman can be to a group/tank, the last thing we want is for shamans to say to the group/tank: i dont need you, i'm gonna go solo shayds, ct, drac tower, dko, and maybe even stone bluff or physix so i can keep the coins, books, and shinies for myself and my alts.  before the change i used to solo ct, but after the change i would instead choose to split the coins with a level 20+ tank (and they usually seem pretty pleased with their share of the coins) rather than run out of spirits mid zone. so in a perverse way i do think it is good for the game even if it is 'bad' for shamans
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:22:48 PM by gnua »

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
- i'm pretty sure the charmie dodge foom thing changed last wipe but i was never sure of the rationale.  the best i can come with is to give shamans a reason to invite others to join their cash runs.  given how insanely helpful a shaman can be to a group/tank, the last thing we want is for shamans to say to the group/tank: i dont need you, i'm gonna go solo shayds, ct, drac tower, dko, and maybe even stone bluff so i can keep the coins, books, and shinies for myself and my alts.  before the change i used to solo ct, but after the change i would instead choose to split the coins with a level 20+ tank (and they usually seem pretty pleased with their share of the coins) rather than run out of spirits mid zone. so in a perverse way i do think it is good for the game even if it is 'bad' for shamans

best idea I learned over the years:

don't split.
or
#alias split #showme money $1

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
best idea I learned over the years:

don't split.
or
#alias split #showme money $1

I've heard rumors that people made split scripts that took into account the visible size of the pile of coins looted and split some random amount between the minimum possible for that pile and the actual value.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2016, 07:38:08 AM »
I've heard rumors that people made split scripts that took into account the visible size of the pile of coins looted and split some random amount between the minimum possible for that pile and the actual value.

Treasonous lies. Those missing coins were poisoned by our enemies.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2016, 10:01:56 AM »

Treasonous lies. Those missing coins were poisoned by our enemies.

and you kept the poisoned coins so as not to endanger the health of your comrades?

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »
One thing that always bothered my is how certain casters benefit from two stats (i.e. cleric mems faster with int, gains more slots with wis) while mages only benefit from int. Sure, it makes it easier to roll a mage since you don't need to care about the other stat but it just feels a bit inconsistent.

What if the spell slot progression was tweaked a bit and wis gave bonus slots to ALL casters, mages & shamans included.  As a nice side bonus, the useless stat charisma could be deleted from the game forever.

Talking about mages and spells, it would be cool if mages can book-scribe a spell from scroll.

The scribed spell will last 1day in the spell book before it's gone. Mages can mem the spells while it's in the book.

This allows more play for scrolls in general.

More scribe spells you have in your book, the less chance you can scribe new ones in. And have a cool down for book_scribe at 24ticks.

The mage can book-scribe scrolls for other classes.
Book-scribe blue.scroll mumu
You carefully inscribe the magical runes from a blue scroll to Mumu's spell book.
Mumu gains the spell "power word kill".
A blue scroll disintegrates.

With this in place, all book loads will have chance of loading the scroll versions of the spell. 50X the load rate, whatever it is now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:47:28 PM by gulca »

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »
Aim: have more people log on.

How: log on at least 10 min per day.

What:
1. Each additional day you log on gains you 10% more XP. Cap at 40%. Collect XP from your favorite zones
2. Each day you receive a no drop word of recall pot or a heal pot. Collect from your local magic shop. Max 10 pots.
3. Collect your free to pass salary from your local bank for 500 coins each day.
4. On the 3rd consecutive day, you get 10% bonus on saves, hr, dr.

Reset
If you fail to log in for a day,
1. the XP bonus goes 0.
2. No drop potions decay.
3. Well no extra coins.
4. Bonus on saves hr dr reset to 0

Keila

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2016, 03:36:35 PM »
People should stop responding to this thread, and create new threads. There is no useful way to discuss the ideas that are presented in this thread because every other post is about something completely different.

Beryv

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2016, 11:19:02 PM »
keila says talk the hand!