Author Topic: Got ideas?  (Read 17680 times)

Hoyt

Shop Browsing
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 08:09:49 PM »
I think a simple change/addition could be when you are browsing for equipment you could type: browse finger/neck/arm/leg... and so on to see what is available in shops for empty slots you have...  Thanks that is all :P

RichE

• Fodder
Re: Got ideas?
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 05:52:49 PM »
What about giving you money back when you sell ranks, maybe 50% of cost?  This could therefore keep high cost but let people play around more wity them.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 06:27:09 PM »
make ranks a rent skill from a temple or something.

you get charge while having them. switching ranks cost some fix amount and a cool down based on rp cost.

for example, you earn 10 RP. go to this temple of paladin's and bestow 10rp worth of ranks that last 2 weeks. total cost 10x2000=20k coins.

each switch of rank skill cost 1k with 24min cool down. enough for a zone. death clears cool down.

at end of 2 weeks, you need to renew the rent or lose your rank skills. that is until you buy another 2 weeks worth of rank.

this allows relatively cheap way of customizing ranks for zoning or pk. on death, you might wanna switch to improved invis, no bash, NV or whatever that makes it easier to CR and whatnot since cool down is cleared.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 08:47:03 AM »
With healing cloud not hitting 100%, I think it would be a nice buff for druids for the veil of ice spell to be useful (I can't remember the name of the spell - the one that hits the whole group).  Currently, it lasts for 2 rounds and is the same slot as stone and heal cloud - so it is never memmed or used.  Boosting the effectiveness and increasing the duration to maybe 5-8 rounds would make players consider using it to protect groups in bigger fights where stuns, blastwaves, prisms, etc. go off frequently.

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 11:38:18 AM »
I would like to see some form of lowbie starter quest to get a worn fly item, or atleast a repeatable easy quest to get some fly potion to get around at low level as a newbie. The one in Solace is pretty obscure, and not very repeatable, even tho it's flagged as a great newbie starting area (Solace that is) :)
Might help some new people get around better/faster/with less hassle and swearing?
(No! Horses are bad! Some people are allergic.. Make stew out of all horses and give to Otik for his stew.. It might actually taste good at that Point....)

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
Eating horses is wrong. :(

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 01:58:09 PM »
Eating horses is wrong. :(

That might be so, but it's damn tasty! ;)

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
The idea of adding a chaos book to flavor things up a bit  for mages has got me thinking. What's the chance of having certain mobs, be them rare zone mobiles or world mobiles that drew from a common pool of shinies and have them load out of a locked treasure chest? The items themselves would range from average to awesome, with the higher end having fast_decay, or no_rent as a compensation, but it'd also bring in a bit of excitement from the randomness to it.

I've not seen a similar mechanic in Arctic, though it's pretty common in a lot of other games that're both text or graphical, so it'd involve some definite coding. But in the end it might be fun and certainly the idea of loot pools could give creators an added resource in the future.

jrrestad

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 11:38:41 AM »
A cross-class option.  I want to be a mage-warrior!

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 01:00:17 AM »
Would love to see a similar command to group developed which will give a hp status report for all non grouped players and mobiles in the room. Or just make the glance/look hp status of each player visible on a room look, preferably with different colours. If someone is red they either need a heal or harm depending on your team.

My rationale for this idea is to make targeting effectively easier and also to make a group disband hurt less...

Kafilat

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »
    Would love to see a similar command to group developed which will give a hp status report for all non grouped players and mobiles in the room. Or just make the glance/look hp status of each player visible on a room look, preferably with different colours. If someone is red they either need a heal or harm depending on your team.

My rationale for this idea is to make targeting effectively easier and also to make a group disband hurt less...

Sounds like making glance all a thing, which makes sense and seems useful to me.  The same information can be gathered with existing commands so I can't see much reason why it shouldn't be consolidated in one place.

My ideas:
    • The skills command probably should not show the "Note: ** means the skill is ready for training with a guildmaster." line with OPTION EXPERT enabled.
    • The situation with skills which are capped immediately upon learning and show ** next to them yet can't be learned at a guildmaster yet (common with low level characters) should probably be addressed as it may be confusing for new players; the previous "Note: yadda yadda" line says it's ready to learn but it is level capped and there is no indication as to why this is the case.  An easy solution might be to replace the "You are not ready to learn more yet.  Perhaps you need more practice, or you need to gain another level." line with a line-by-line explanation of each skill and why it can't be learned (capped for your level, not ready to train, etc.)
    • I'd like a method to see how your equipment looks while concealed; perhaps have 'look me' operate the same as if looking at a third party?  You can always see your own gear via the equipment command so this would at least make 'look me' not-redundant and useful.
    • Pretty sure this isn't already the case, but it would be nice if the 'position' column on the group command showed 'stunned' for people who were stunned, 'paralyzed' for people who are paralyzed, 'held' for people who are held, etc.  Right now it's a little awkward getting that information (catch it in the spam of fight or hit 'look' and have subs/highlights) and this would make things a little more user friendly.  Same information we already had, just in a better spot.
    • Add ability to boot linkdead people from group without disbanding/reforming.
    • Rank progress should show in PROMPT RANK prior to attaining rank 1.
    • Opponent kw for watch_opponent - for example "bash opponent", "cast 'silence'opponent", etc.  Right now targeting via keyword is awkward at best and can get ugly for example when there are multiple mobs sharing same keyword.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:24:41 AM by Kafilat »

Kafilat

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 07:23:58 AM »
    • I'd like to see the level 28 restriction on relocating to unclanned/grouped players removed/changed and made a little more sensical (maybe just add lag on relo at lower levels? lots of ways to make it more useful).
    • Would be nice if warrior track functioned like scout hunt just with a lower %.
    • A weaker version of read magic (that perhaps just tells you if you already know the spell in the book rather than what spells are in it) might be interesting.  The current situation with read magic highly favors clans over neutral players, which is normally okay, but it sucks for neutrals to wind up loading a decent book and then nn it because they don't have/don't know anyone who can read.
    • Make horses useful again.  Maybe give mounts a chance to use 0v when moving, and otherwise 2v/room?  Right now it's just a decrepit reminder of a past when everyone wasn't coddled with flies for 60c.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:39:05 AM by Kafilat »

Zozen

• Immortal
    • Zoner
    « Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
    • Make horses useful again.  Maybe give mounts a chance to use 0v when moving, and otherwise 2v/room?  Right now it's just a decrepit reminder of a past when everyone wasn't coddled with flies for 60c.

I like this idea. Can even do more with specialized mounts. 1v / room on the expensive ones.

Kafilat

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
    • Feedback for heal boost, bless, cure *, cure blindness, etc. landing where presently there is none.  Presumably your character can see their condition improving so no good reason to not provide such feedback.
    • Not aware of any lore reason why bless fails when cast on targets who are in combat, just seems arbitrary the way it works at present.
    • Stunned mobs changing person they are targeting if they survive tick to get back above 0hp should be fixed.
    • Would be nice if entering combat didn't turn off watch.

gulca

• Zone Leader
    « Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »
    A few things that were discussed before

1. increase in shopkeeper coins
    2. spellbooks sellable to shop
    3. age starts at 30 or increase regen so it matches 30 years of age at 18.
    4. a no rent tag next to shop items
    5. daily free heal from local cleric guilds or charge some reasonable coins dependent on HP healed.