Author Topic: Got ideas?  (Read 16387 times)

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: Got ideas?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 02:42:18 AM »
Make legending mages easier again please, it was embarassing to go through an entire wipe without legending a single mage, yet having no issues legending every other class, too few green dragonhide spellbook loads all wipe long, and too few spots to load them. Changing uth lich didnt fix anything for anyone....  also sucked watching any mage players we did have jump ship because not one person in the entire crew knew how to load them after that spiteful move went down. Thats definatly not balanced because there are only a handful of people now that know how to load them, and that is where all the power is going to be shifted to this wipe coming once again.

Would it be too much to ask for a seriously angry mob like amity, that just loaded it without going through painfully obscure puzzles to get the spells? or a key to the vault rather than a combination..?

And thanks for this thread by the way, love the communication, best idea of all. Having a spot to jot down some of those things that screw with us all the most... or to brainstorm at finding more players is great idea.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:46:22 AM by Gramm »

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 09:47:19 AM »
Can we make Shadow Orb not a million times easy bash. I know you are looking at classic items and this was one of the biggest flaws of this item. Rarely is a shadow orb Druid holding a no bash, and the massive negative bashmod makes the holder of the shadow orb a sitting duck. Maybe reducing or removing the penalty would e a preferable change imo.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
Warriors- I feel need to be nerfed, specifically punch bash. Punch bash combo is broken when it does more damage then backstab. Also daze effect with punch is retarded.

Druids- need all sorts of help. Lightning storm is worthless and I feel it should be a cool spell like nightmare, and prismatic spray.
Healing cloud was cool but a bit op. Then it got hit with the nerfbat and became worthless. I'm surprised anyone plays this class anymore.

Scouts- hitpoints are a joke. When a Warriors punch bash can take away 70% of your hit points, it makes you just want to quit and press 4 password.

Thief- hitpoints are to weak.

I'm sure there are more but I haven't played in a minute so I don't remember much.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:12:40 PM by Bryton »

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »
Can we make Shadow Orb not a million times easy bash. I know you are looking at classic items and this was one of the biggest flaws of this item. Rarely is a shadow orb Druid holding a no bash, and the massive negative bashmod makes the holder of the shadow orb a sitting duck. Maybe reducing or removing the penalty would e a preferable change imo.

i'll trade you two items of your choice that i own for shadow orb - that thing just rocks.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 10:14:09 PM »
This may be a pretty drastic idea, but I am not the first person to propose it and think it may have some merit.

Remove Locate Object/Astral Locator

It is kind of absurd that you can locate Peorx from the gates of Thorbardin, Ancient from Gargath gates, or Shadow Isle from Balifor mages guild.  The distance of astral locator is a bit ridiculous but I suppose it will be easier to acquire with the "chaos ball" book.

The reason I suggest removing the locate spells is because they are most beneficial to the players who are most experienced in the game.  Casual clans like myth locate their own books and a few items here and there, but the hardcore clan mage is going to run around locating every item in every zone.  This just increases their stranglehold on gear.  Consider the fact that you can only locate gear that you know loads in a certain place.  If you have never been able to obtain an item because it is always maxed... well you're probably a casual player then and at a severe disadvantage because you have no idea said item exists in this zone.

By removing location spells, it forces every player seeking an item to run a zone.  Given limited playing time ability of each given player, this expands the possibilities of items finding new homes.

I understand locate object is also a useful tool for exploration.  Maybe all limited-rentable items could be made no locate as an alternative.

Just a thought.  This does nothing to benefit me personally as I play with one of the stronger clans in the game, but I do think it would change the dynamic of the game and allow more casual players opportunities to acquire gear usually religiously maintained by the elite.

Please remove Astral Locator at the very least, its absurd.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:46:35 PM by eddiex »

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 10:39:55 PM »
This may be a pretty drastic idea, but I am not the first person to propose it and think it may have some merit.

Remove Locate Object/Astral Locator

It is kind of absurd that you can locate Peorx from the gates of Thorbardin, Ancient from Gargath gates, or Shadow Isle from Balifor mages guild.  The distance of astral locator is a bit ridiculous but I suppose it will be easier to acquire with the "chaos ball" book.

The reason I suggest removing the locate spells is because they are most beneficial to the players who are most experienced in the game.  Casual clans like myth locate their own books and a few items here and there, but the hardcore clan mage is going to run around locating every item in every zone.  This just increases their stranglehold on gear.

By removing location spells, it forces every player seeking an item to run a zone.  Given limited playing time ability of each given player, this expands the possibilities of items finding new homes.

I understand locate object is also a useful tool for exploration.  Maybe all limited-rentable items could be made no locate as an alternative.

Just a thought.  This does nothing to benefit me personally as I play with one of the stronger clans in the game, but I do think it would change the dynamic of the game and allow more casual players opportunities to acquire gear usually religiously maintained by the elite.

Please remove Astral Locator at the very least, its absurd.

Poor Tim wouldn't have much to do if they removed locate.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 11:33:07 PM »
He can still monitor the wholist while he plays neverwinter at least if they removed locate. trolol :p

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 02:38:10 PM »
It seems there is a Monopoly on exotic chemical substances in Krynn, such as joints for example.  Most notably the Northern Ergoth region, is said to have the one and only spot.    It seems for a true fair trade system to open more spots of these ill repute around the world, so we don't have to travel as far and create other spots to make it easier for us to spend our coins. 

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 02:39:24 PM »
Yes Balifor is a pretty grimey area, it needs a weed shop.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »
Shocking - Gramm is trying to get more weed...

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 08:24:15 AM »
Tiny idea that might have a large impact:

Relax the auto-logout and hungry/thirsty code.

When I'm at home watching my son or doing laundry I find myself needing to log out completely whenever I step away from the game, because the mud will disconnect me soon enough if I am idle for more than a couple minutes. There must be other players who are in a similar situation. If I could instead just sit idle in the game without being automatically logged out, I could play for a bit every time I had a spare minute. As it is, I log out when I get busy and then I don't even think to log back in and play just for 10 minutes, so I end up not playing at all when I am semi-busy.

Similarly, sometimes I want to play and do ranks or something but I don't have anyone to group with. I could sit idle and check who every 15 minutes, but again the game will just log me out completely and the act of logging out and back into the game is just a tiny bit of extra effort that pushes things over into the "why should I bother?" feeling and I just don't play at all. If I could sit idle longer, I could just leave the session open in the background and glance to see shouts and tells every few minutes.

TL;DR: remove the auto disconnect or significantly increase the timeout for it. Relaxing hungry/thirsty would be nice, or remove malnutrition, but that is of secondary importance. This will result in at least a few players staying online when semi-busy instead of logging out completely.

Potential drawback: you might have a deceptive list of players, for example maybe it looks like 60 are online but 30 of those are really AFK.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 08:37:50 AM »
Relax the auto-logout and hungry/thirsty code... If I could instead just sit idle in the game without being automatically logged out, I could play for a bit every time I had a spare minute.

Many people have automated scripts to eat and drink every couple of minutes.  this stops the automatic logout behavior when idle.  technically, it is botting and is a violation of the rules.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 11:41:52 AM »
Many people have automated scripts to eat and drink every couple of minutes.  this stops the automatic logout behavior when idle.  technically, it is botting and is a violation of the rules.

Bolded the reason why I'd like a technical change. Also, I don't use food/water on several classes - druid, paladin, cleric, etc since they can just sustenance, elixir, or whatever. But it can be dangerous to have spell casts on a trigger, so I tend to manually cast, and besides that with the duration of the spells I think you will get kicked for being idle before you get hungry again in most of those cases.

I could just use food/water for all characters instead of using their abilities or spells, but then it just starts to get into the realm of "why bother, i'll just log out instead".

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
you can have your own idle timer. like a ticktimer on the last action you did.

once it past a certain time like 3 min, emote a command. or look. those are pretty lagless commands. every time you do a new action, just reset the idle timer.

I do that most of time so I stay log on and get my tell log running. I don't Skype or any other chat channels, so it's the only way to reach me. if I got log out, I can't hear your plea and thus won't be able to help. yes I just pushed another botting reason on the stack.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 06:35:42 PM »
How about mobs give more rank if they dont load eq.