Author Topic: Moving Forward  (Read 33786 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: Moving Forward
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 01:17:19 PM »
it sucks when you see people soloing CT for coins and you're stuck HOPING that the ancient red dragon doesn't kill you.

the charmie dodge foom changes seem to have stopped some of those solo runs

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2016, 10:37:12 PM »
I like alot of the ideas so far.

But a little more explanation on the Group size and Clan Size thing.

I realize alot of people dont run into this, because maybe 2 clans if only 1 can truly rally enough real people to rush and run the wipe that would even run into limits and the downsides of them.  We had so many people the last 3 wipes we actually played that we couldn't fit everyone into a Skype channel for voice chat all at once, and had to break it up into different rooms so we could all voice chat at the same time on skype.  Running up to 5 different teams/groups due to limits and who was what alignment or class.

We had so many people, that certain people thought we were legitimately botting+multiing, which i can guarantee you we were not.

Which by the way if you haven't tried group voice chat, it is so much better and entertaining when zoning in a group.  Seems the audio parsing speed of humans vs reading spam on txt is alot faster.  Not to mention hearing the rage out and ranting or guff going back and forth as the zones and fights are going down.  As well as explaining a fight and mechanics or a strategy on harder fights.  Over all truly more enjoyable.  I just hate skype's all WHITE background.

The clan limit removal would be nice as well, keep the price scale or a per member charge is fine, just when everyone is going to have at least 2-3 characters, if not more.  Makes it alot easier to see whos on and available and utilize the clan tell "ct" and clan who to know whos on and can help out with something.  Without having to manage which of each char can be in the clan, and basically having to give up on the in game clanning and grouping and tell system to utilize skype or mumble/vent.  Or looking up hey did so and so hit lvl 28 yet for this badass book that finally loaded, should we txt or call them to logon? clan who for lvl and rank etc was nice.  And clan messages, etc.

The group limit raising back to 12 or 10 or whatever increase they're willing to do would help out.  Having lower group limits leaves people out, bored, and sidelined   The point isnt everyone should be lead zones, or find some kind of group for something.  It's the game play and fun that you get while playing together with the people you know or want to.  Not all being online and soloing the whole time or doing 2-3 man crap when you want to be running that 3 hour hard zone were still trying to figure out a strategy for as a whole clan or group.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »
As a gesture of good faith the entire ban list on Arctic and these forums has been cleared.

Part of me wonders if this is the reason I see more people online now.

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »
While you're at it... Do something about the mage quest thing.... What an annoying thing that is.... Atleast for retarded morons like myself.... :)

Tajs

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »
I like the idea that damage vs players is lower - I'd cut it by, say, 40-50% tho.
And in regards to ranks, I'd love to be able to buy +skills ..like +rescue/punch/bash/scribe etc etc ..outside of the legend ranks. Especially +rescue I miss when playing main tank, your key skill and you can't boost it.

All-in-all exciting times :)

PS: Oh, and plz look at some of the skilling speed for arcane barrier, righteous will, field medic to name..

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »
Can we add coup and potentially throat punch to the list, two relatively useless skills that have round based cd's, would be nice if slightly easier to train.

p.s. not sure if PvP summoning was changed but if so, please consider reverting it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:09:09 PM by eddiex »

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2016, 06:19:01 PM »
@eddieX
I feel like coup and throat punch are the only speed bumps in training a thief to legend.  We all know sneak and hide can be done in a few hours, case and steal are super easy thanks to PvP changes in learn.  Thieves need to have at least some limit to how quickly they can legend, esp since they are such monster solo'ers and can be game changers for things like Ancient Keep and Shadow Isle.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2016, 10:10:35 PM »
PS: Oh, and plz look at some of the skilling speed for arcane barrier, righteous will, field medic to name..

Please review the skilling of reclaim. It used to be reasonable amount of time to get to superb back in 2012 when I had a legendary druid named Drunoob, now it is takes forever.

Tajs, you'll appreciate this:
http://normstorm.com/logs/march14_2012.txt

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »

Please review the skilling of reclaim. It used to be reasonable amount of time to get to superb back in 2012 when I had a legendary druid named Drunoob, now it is takes forever.

Tajs, you'll appreciate this:
http://normstorm.com/logs/march14_2012.txt

Skrillex with the loot!

breiner

« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2016, 12:53:56 AM »
Now that we're talking tanking and rescue. Would be nice if you didn't get lagged when you attempt to rescue someone not in combat.
And if typing rescue spirit/corpse would allow you to rescue first spirit/corpse on roomlist in combat. If the shaman has 5 spirits with the same name it
is very tempting to wait for the mob to start hitting the shaman.

Tajs

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2016, 07:41:25 AM »
"Tajs, you'll appreciate this:
http://normstorm.com/logs/march14_2012.txt"

I did, even if I did remember it as some of you died, which log doesn't show. I could be wrong :)
My wee trash mage!

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
I did, even if I did remember it as some of you died, which log doesn't show. I could be wrong :)

Y'all came out better on that exchange if I recall. I think yall got Shesh's healer set.

puff

« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »
Gnomish power and gnomish dragonlance need to be a set. Or make gnomish power as good as it was when Shub had it.

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2016, 09:31:57 AM »
A little input on deeprenting.... Can't it be done so that for the first 24 hours things decay at normal rate, and for every 24 hours this rate increases abruptly?
If you set your char in "vacation mode" it could be rent as usual without the accelerated decay, within limits naturally to avoid abuse... A week or so?
Then if you don't log after your set vacation week, things would accelerate at double the normal rent rate..

That would prevent things beeing deeprented for any prolonged period of time.
Imo it shouldn't be possible to deeprent anything for any longer period than max 2 weeks or some such. (unless in vacation mode, subject to immortal discretion)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »
Put all limit 1-3items on a 240 hour timer. Only way to keep them is to gain ranks