Author Topic: Moving Forward  (Read 29480 times)

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: Moving Forward
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »

Opening the floodgates for legalizing the whole thing is a terrible idea because the game would be filled with groups containing 1 player and 7 automatons, and it would effectively become a solo RPG.
In short, we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

We won't know cause we never tested it. How bad is it compared to the recent decline?

remember the unlimited +dam? that was deem bad and got reverted. but at least we tried, looked at the results and made the informed decision.

I don't understand the fear of opening up multi/bot. plenty of players are willing to give it a few months try. if suddenly everyone stop grouping with other real players, we can put this subject to bed.

hoodoo and his 100 other anti multi buddies can log on after the trial.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »
Before this devolves into a pro con of botting/multiing maybe we should receive an answer is it even open for discussion and consideration. Also using a separate thread if it is. Otherwise just put it to bed now.

Are the changes to healing going to be addressed? The functionality of mobs seemed to break with this new change while most player based healing stayed the same in effectiveness. Was this intended?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:07:21 PM by eddiex »

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 06:16:34 PM »
For the moment just drop the multi-ing / botting discussion. I dont want it to hijack the thread. Clearly it is a discussion that needs to take place but Id like to have a clearer understanding of the opinions of other staff first. I'll create a separate thread at a later stage to address it.

As for healing changes they'll likely stay, but i'll definitely do a sweep of mobs to fix things up on that front. If you're aware of any mobs that have healing which doesn't function correctly please let me know via forum message and i'll fix them.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 08:30:56 PM »
I actually like that idea a ton. Allow each to play 2 chars. This opens up SO much. I don't know about some people but I personally hate playing clerics now. I haven't made 1 for wipes. I got so burnt out. And the thing is.. I'm a pretty bad ass healer. I just wanted to play something else.

Lets say you play with a small group of folks, 3-5 maybe. YES you could potentially have 6-10 people in a group, unless we keep groupsize to 8(which I think we should). Everyone could play what they really want to play and not asked to log this or log that, which effectively makes them want to log out when they have to log something they dont want to play.

Would allow you to solo(2man) things when you just dont have anyone to play with. I logged in earlier and I was 1 of 3 people on. One was lvl 21 and the other was 24. I can't do anything with that. Nothing worth doing anyhow. So i just logged back out and logged onto a different mud.

Let's say you just open the gates for multi'ing for the rest of this wipe. Consider it a test time. Things are being reverted back, Pbase is god awfully low. See how it shakes out and then decide what you wanna do when its time to wipe again.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 08:53:37 PM »
Good to see the game has some fresh blood pumpin' in the veins of the overlordship.

Lookin' forward to seeing the updates and changes. Good luck in all the endeavors!

The reality is  50% (or more) of people either multi, bot, or have a close friend they play with who does one of the two.

My Wild never used bots or multing. I will always oppose them. I agree with Hoodoo on this one: it takes away from the game and adds nothing to it. If the entire game is too hard to be done on 5 people then change the game to accommodate 5 people. But I guarantee you, 5 people can do 95-98% of the game right now in it's current state. And as Corey has said in the past: a legend shaman and paladin can do almost all of it as a duo. Using the excuse that you can't do game content without bots is just that: an excuse. A weak one at that. Sack up and learn zones: learn to load gear that makes you stronger and learn to use resources available when they are available. I didn't use 2 bots to learn Sleet. I didn't use bots to learn Blood Shoal. I grouped with friends that spent weeks/months/years of playtime to learn them.

Cheers!

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 08:59:04 PM »
As for stats and all that other stuff.

*I think stats should stay ABOUT the same. Maybe boost them up a little bit. No stat should be able to go over 21 natural.
*I would really revert weapons back to their original stats. Make some a bit heavier than before
*Gear... This is rough. Idk what  stats are on which items atm but I heard hydra gaunts changed to 2str now or something. Thats kinda lame
*I think all class sets need to stay in the game. I also think all the old sets need to be brought back INCLUDING Flexible Red Dragon set!
*I agree with the spellload post a few pages back or whatever. Some groups of people just will not ever ever ever be able to get the top tier spells. They just dont have the manpower. Sure they can latch onto a bigger clan and hope to get a roll? or hope that all those mages are spelled already. Does void load any of the big 3? I don't think it does, but maybe it should.
*Druids healing cloud was way to bapting buff. Keep it at 1cloud with a longer duration. The only classes that should be able to solo heal zones is clerics and shamans.
*Druids also need a bit of love though I think. A decent pet would be nice. Maybe a conjure greater elemental type spell.
*Decay timers are bapted. Being able to deeprent something that is nonrent decay for the wipe is just lame.
*Keep casting level I think. That wasn't a bad idea.
*Take a look at skills... some of them just go so slowly unless you set it up on a trigger and either afk over night like some do or just semi-afk and do other shit for hours on end.
*Load rates of spells. Anything like 7th circle and less should just auto load. I mean. Should a shaman have to run something 10-15 times to get ghostmaster ritual or ghost berries or tenacious heart or whatever else.
*Legends honestly seem balanced to me. They are supposed to be bad asses
*Exp from 27-30 is just amazingly boring. I would make exp like 30% easier or more but make death tolls at level 30 1.3x as much
*Damage vs players in pvp is a touche area. Some pks happen insanely fast. Some fights get drawn out when its mostly meat and potatoes(tanks/clerics). On one hand, if a group of 4-5 jump 1 person. That person probably shouldnt be able to get away that easy. Thieves should not stab for 450+damage. Thats just moronic. Punch shouldn't do 100 damage. Bash shouldnt do 50-100 damage. So mostly Id just scale back damage from skills
*Clerics... I have always thought clerics needed some love. Sure legend clerics are buff but man are they boring as shit. Have you ever thought to give clerics different paths like scouts/mages? Zealot/Holyman/Healer(thats taken from another mud)
*Scouts need hp buffs badly. I mean. I had a level 30 scout that had less hps than my shaman.
*Raise the limits on the majority of eq. Does it really matter if there are more than 2-3 carved dragon claw rings/crimson glass bracelets/rings of the skull etc?

That's about all i can think of right now.

Thanks for taking the time to read all these post and for giving feedback.

DCPTY1986

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »
Lol @ Zozen i wouldn't need bots either if i had someone spoon feeding me all of that zone info.

Good to see the game has some fresh blood pumpin' in the veins of the overlordship.

Lookin' forward to seeing the updates and changes. Good luck in all the endeavors!

The reality is  50% (or more) of people either multi, bot, or have a close friend they play with who does one of the two.

My Wild never used bots or multing. I will always oppose them. I agree with Hoodoo on this one: it takes away from the game and adds nothing to it. If the entire game is too hard to be done on 5 people then change the game to accommodate 5 people. But I guarantee you, 5 people can do 95-98% of the game right now in it's current state. And as Corey has said in the past: a legend shaman and paladin can do almost all of it as a duo. Using the excuse that you can't do game content without bots is just that: an excuse. A weak one at that. Sack up and learn zones: learn to load gear that makes you stronger and learn to use resources available when they are available. I didn't use 2 bots to learn Sleet. I didn't use bots to learn Blood Shoal. I grouped with friends that spent weeks/months/years of playtime to learn them.

Cheers!

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »
#botlivesmatter

pasta_whee

• Favorite Zone: Tarsis
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
Some very exciting news. I wish the new guys the best of luck and would like to give a big ole thank you to the old staff for keeping the game up and running for as long as you did.

MAKE ARCTIC GREAT AGAIN!

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »
Pasta_Whee is going to build a wall. it's going to be a great wall. He can do it cheaper and faster than everyone else. AND HE'S GOING TO MAKE RGB PAY FOR IT!!!!!(RGB was the only clan I could think to associate with mexico..)

merk

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 04:44:53 PM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:02:13 PM by merk »

relethane

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
I've whined about this before and got kind of harsh replies but I'll try again:

The goal of new changes should be to attract new blood into the game.  It seems that many of the ideas being tossed around by person X are tailored to make the game more fun for person X.  That is a problem when person X is very experienced at Arctic and knows how to pop all the gear with the stats s/he is saying to raise to their former glory. It won't help keep new players.   Please consider the noobs if you want to grow the player base.  And, "suck up to a good player, noob, and learn from them" may not be the best answer.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 08:46:16 PM »
I used to absolutely LOVE pk in this game. It was probably the best aspect of it, the adrenaline rush of putting your hard earned set on the line vs your enemies' sets. That was also 8-10 years ago. I don't even care about pking right now as my play time is so random compared to most of the people I play with. I enjoy doing hard fights on as few people as possible. I've botted in the past sure, much like a lot of you. The joy I get is finding a new zone and figuring it out with just myself or with a friend  or a bot. It could be a zone I have been in a thousand times but I was never the leader. Just finding new, interesting little things in the game is what's fun for me personally. I've had the best sets, all the spells and all that shit. Maybe it's just me since I'm getting older but the thrill of PK just isn't there anymore. I don't care either way on the botting, but as Jorquin said, it's a pretty slippery slope and opens the doors to the select few that would abuse it to the fullest.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2016, 10:39:41 PM »
Moved botting post to applicable thread.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 03:31:44 PM by reed23 »

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:01 AM »
Clearly commenting on the multi-ing / botting debate in this thread was a massive mistake.

I have created a new thread for that discussion to continue. I'd like this to remain broader than one issue. I will from now on be moving any and all posts relating to that specific issue to the alternate thread.