Author Topic: Mages  (Read 5726 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Re: Mages
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
Wasn't the shadow wrap rank +spell crit for blacks? How about e legendary acid mist where it just doesn't get blown away with gust or a chance to resist being gusted.  Maybe legend energy drain that goes through NPP and maybe add some of the specs like pain, hold, panic ECT. I think mages in general should maybe get a GIFT rank that could add different bonuses.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 02:54:52 PM »
On the new mage book, the random one.  Make it no read.  Much funner that way.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »
I love that after a decade of Hoss being a gaping vagina, he shows himself not to loot a diamond bracelet, but to make some dank black lives matter meme.

JTPimpin

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
can you buff holy word while youre at it? Its great to have but is lackluster in pk. how bout just make its pws?

Master Mike

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »
same people will be on here posting how pws holy word to powerful once 2-3 mages come in stun an entire group and kill everyone..

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 06:16:50 AM »
"Removing the newly added summoning circle from red robes."
I mean as long as this summoning circle is simply still where astral locate was it should be fine.
But if red robes can obtain this summoning circle, faster than they would obtain legendary then this is a problem because as you said before "ilya is right" they can just tether in a summoner but clearly you need legend first to tether right? Im sure this goes without saying, but just incase!
All great ideas tho.

Corgan

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 07:20:33 PM »
All area damage/stun should be removed from players, or only hit mobs.  Area damage/offensive spells/skills are what have ruined pk and taken all skill/target planning out of the game, allowing botters/triggers to play the game for them and given weak players a since of power.  High level spells should be much harder to get as well, not easier, like 10% or fewer mages achieving 90% spell book completion.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 12:10:14 AM »
Area damage/offensive spells/skills are what have ruined pk and taken all skill/target planning out of the game

I agree area requires no skill, but in a recent large PK this month, there are multiple ways to negate or reduce the effects of big area.

434H 82V 1X 0.00% 500C [Me:Perfect] [Jaune:Good] [Tryls:Perfect] Mem:1 Exits:NESWU>

Glynda utters the words, 'veil of ice'.
With a gutteral call, Glynda's summons a veil of ice to cover the area.
Jaune's skin turns cold and icy.
Wreqer's skin turns cold and icy.
Fiona's skin turns cold and icy.
Dracula's skin turns cold and icy.
Blake's skin turns cold and icy.
Aymahn's skin turns cold and icy.
Your skin becomes cold and shines like ice.

434H 82V 1X 0.00% 500C [Me:Perfect] [Jaune:Good] [Tryls:Perfect] Mem:1 Exits:NESWU>

Tryls utters some strange words.
Tryls's hands issue a spray of prismatic color!
Jaune shivers under his icy skin.
Wreqer shivers under his icy skin.
Glynda shivers under her icy skin.
Aymahn shivers under his icy skin.
A shiver runs through you as the ice that is your skin protects you.
Fiona is caught in a spray of shimmering red!
Dracula is caught in a spray of shimmering red!
Blake is caught in a spray of bright orange!

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 09:24:19 AM »
All area damage/stun should be removed from players, or only hit mobs.  Area damage/offensive spells/skills are what have ruined pk and taken all skill/target planning out of the game, allowing botters/triggers to play the game for them and given weak players a since of power.  High level spells should be much harder to get as well, not easier, like 10% or fewer mages achieving 90% spell book completion.

in my opinion, area is what protects against the bot hoards. If you have an isabella type character running the map, full spells, BiS black robe in an era where nightmare did damage, a shitty 8 man bot squad is gettin blown the bapt out

el conquistador

• Fodder
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 10:08:03 AM »
what if you have isabella running the map with 7 bot isabella juniors?

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 09:00:36 PM »
what if you have isabella running the map with 7 bot isabella juniors?

Fundamentally, the strongest characters (Isabella being one) are remembered because they threatened, attacked and killed groups of players by themselves. If they bring multiple other characters with them when slaying their enemies then they're not on that level.

I realise this doesn't address your point, just thought I'd point it out!