Author Topic: WIPE THE MUD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6647 times)

kilians

WIPE THE MUD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 17, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
Please do it.

jrrestad

Re: WIPE THE MUD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:56:44 AM »
There was talk of 6month wipes a while ago.  Unsure all that's involved in a pwipe.

However, 3-4 month wipes could keep people focused, knowing that a new wipe is around the corner.  Early wipe days are the funnest.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »
Diablo Seasons last 3 months!

Flair

• Guardian
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:27:08 AM »
Standardized wipe times would be ideal.  Changing their name to "Seasons", and keeping that "rush" excitement going.  Might be a great breath of fresh air.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 08:45:24 AM »
Would a six month wipe be exciting, or would it have people frustrated because  they have to little time to enjoy their accomplishments?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »
too short, i wish this was a 6 month wipe though lol, and that next wipe we could just go back to previous wep stats, and maybe we could put a green dragonhide book back in the game that someone outside of wild and core knows how to load. having 85 total clan members and zero legend mages is really a fun change thanks to the asshat that decided latanth should be changed. and you are most certainly an asshat for that change whoever decided to do that
At some point you guys are going to learn and understand that these combination or mob load changes dont make the game ANY more enjoyable for ANYONE.
they just mess with a whole lot of your active playerbase for no really good reason.
It seems like most of the changes really are about keeping the people who are in power... in power and to hell with the little guys trying to compete.
Yes lets wipe the mud now, and go back to last wipe. please. undo virtually every change lube has brought us and give the little guys a chance again....

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 06:08:30 AM »
I don't think any of the changes at all make sense or do anything for anyone. They have already made so so so many people quit WAY before the time that the dropoff usually hits.

But they are apparently intent on destroying the game. And they are winning that one so hard right now!! Good job guys! Just a bit bit more and you'll have no one around:)

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 07:32:47 AM »
i dont think they are trying to destroy the game, but that doesnt mean it wont be the result.  i think aristox had a very bad idea and named it lube.  and now they have so much work into it that they dont want to throw it away. 

the green dragonhide book thing was one of those little hoss games.  where he does something because its funny to him and doesnt care at all that it makes the game worse for many of the players.

most wipes people quit because they want to spend more time with their family, or a new game comes out, or they are just tired of mudding.  the fact that people are leaving and going to a different muds should be a huge red flag.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »
For what it is worth, I came back after a little over a year away just to see if I had any luck playing in the new environment. I had two truths confirmed. First, I still suck at this game, but is a great way to spend a few hours of free time. Second, the game is a much bigger challenge now. I've been forced into finding new loads because my go to weapons are either crap or too heavy, my circuit of zones to hit 30 has been tweaked because my char has scaled down and runs the very real risk of death on a more frequent basis, and skills are crawling along with the reduction in stats. All that said, it's still a ton of fun to play, I just can't play the same way I'm used to playing.

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 05:09:04 PM »
For what it is worth, I came back after a little over a year away just to see if I had any luck playing in the new environment. I had two truths confirmed. First, I still suck at this game, but is a great way to spend a few hours of free time. Second, the game is a much bigger challenge now. I've been forced into finding new loads because my go to weapons are either crap or too heavy, my circuit of zones to hit 30 has been tweaked because my char has scaled down and runs the very real risk of death on a more frequent basis, and skills are crawling along with the reduction in stats. All that said, it's still a ton of fun to play, I just can't play the same way I'm used to playing.

i guess i am happy for you if you enjoy this new more challenging version of arctic.  but these changes are too much for me.  i have been playing arctic for a long time now to play the same old game i fell in love with all those years ago.  i am not at all hoping for some new more exciting or more difficult version of the game.  i come back to arctic to play arctic.  if i wanted something different then i have any number of other games to choose from. 

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 08:44:02 PM »
well put tacoman, why the hell fix something that was never broken, in the eyes of anyone excluding the ones seemingly in charge.
Your people were not unhappy with the weapon stats, like 1 or 2 of the strongest groups in the game were capable of killing the endgame fights.. group sizes of 10 hurt nobody except the 11th person. and rolling was fun for a lot of people, everything has been generalized standardized and the tier system is flavourless.
all in all, the mud was fun and great for over 90% of us at least and even if i am throwing that number out of my ass, id put money down its on par with the truth.

why fix it, if it was never broken...never broken in the eyes of those that enjoy and play the challenges set fourth unaltered for years.
foresight would be an incredible gift and its never 20/20, hindsight however is. and clearly something has gone seriously wrong.

If I could give you a clear opinion from someone who spent time trying to build a crew, learn the zones, and create something fun to escape to and enjoy this game with.  go back to last wipe, revert it, if possible, if not... ask some people for help im sure there are some people willing to give a hand where it can be used. And if it isnt possible, then finish what you started.

These changes have virtually shattered at the very least all of the hard work i put into trying to build something stronger and more enjoyable for a good chunk of the players that play this game.

Sorry if that seems harsh in some way? but somethings gotta give and if it isnt you fun folks making all the changes, its gonna be a whole lot of us.. giving up.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 08:13:29 AM »
Bring back classic Arctic!

The solace tree should have a DT in it, dammit.

Death helmet should be an easily popped +3 damage!

A warrior with a bronze shield and superb bash should be scary to casters!

A held autofly should be rare and valuable, not vendor bait!

Largus should be under solace sewers, so we can laugh at newbies who walk into it and get annihilated in one round!

Mages should be running around with stacks of hasted charmed trolls, not conjured monsters.

What is this Charisma? it's not even supposed to be a stat!

You should be able to spam SESESESESESESE from solace south gate and end up in tarsis.

Rangers should be rangers, not scouts. They fight sneak and hide, and maybe cast a few spells. Zapping is something a laser gun does.

And weapons should do a wide range of damages, not just 2d6.