Poll

Tournament?

Yes
14 (77.8%)
No
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 10, 2016, 07:36:09 PM

Author Topic: Tournament anyone else think this would be fun?  (Read 3840 times)

kilians

Tournament anyone else think this would be fun?
« on: March 06, 2016, 07:34:35 PM »
I am just curious to see if anyone else thinks this would be fun i believe it would be and with the lack of player base atm it gives the current player base something to have fun with maybe prizes for winners etc?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:36:19 PM by kilians »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: Tournament anyone else think this would be fun?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »
No Killians! The time of tournaments has gone with the last of our good overlords! We used to have these... and now-for years... we do not. Current staff gives no bapts about yours or mine fun.

Keila

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 04:06:37 PM »
I would be up for running one of these if there was interest.

What was the structure of them usually? From the last one I remember, there was a Melee Group and a Caster Group and it was a last man standing thing.

Have there been differently structured tournaments since then? (eg groups or something?)

If you have any constructive criticism about what is happening in the game I am nearly always available to listen.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »
3v3 always works out the best i think. 

Keila

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »
So each round is six players, 3v3, with some sort of bracket? Or is it multiple teams going at once?

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
The best tournament I remember had
Tournament provided eq(even playing field)
3 v 3 of random balanced teams set up in brackets OR 3 v 3/5 v 5 pickyourownteam
Best in class match
Then have a huge FFA, last man standing at the end of it.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »
IN FACT! I seem to remember having to buy the tournament eq from a vendor with tokens. Each person gets this many tokens and then they decide which eq to buy etc. So a basher couldn't get the top tier prime weapon AND a shield, so they had to settle for mediocre weapon + shield.

I don't have an imm, but I'd be more than happy to help come up with BALANCED nice tourny prizes and tournament ideas.

Another thing you could do is open the chat channel on the mud at peak hours and inquire to the players what they want. So everyone can chime in at once without having to wait to shout. OR just transfer everyone to a room so they can talk at once and then drop blazewight on them for fun. Sound legit

pasta_whee

• Favorite Zone: Tarsis
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »
One of the best tourneys I did in arctic happened a few years back and went something like this.

There were two chances to win. Either in the 3v3 or after the 3v3 was finished there was a 1v1 free for all where the last man standing wins.

I also recall a tourney that involved collecting Easter Eggs off various mobs throughout Krynn and who ever collected the most got a awesome prize.

kilians

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 03:43:19 AM »
I'm down with how ever a tournament wants to be carried out, i just want to have fun and a little friendly pvp never hurt anything maybe some people would log on and play again perhaps if we get prize's cool bonus but i just want to have fun.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 06:10:59 AM »
It's going to take more than a tournament (which I doubt even happens) to bring players back.