Author Topic: Why Arctic?  (Read 3466 times)

Keila

Why Arctic?
« on: February 20, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »
I'm going to make a page for the newbie section about why a potential player should play arctic over the hundreds of other muds out there. What would you list as things that make Arctic Special?

Why Arctic:

Limited Gear
Player Wipes
Clan PK
DragonLance Theme
Huge World

oom

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: Why Arctic?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 06:47:03 PM »
This is a tough question to answer during this time of flux since nobody really knows where we are headed.

The thing that got me initially hooked was never knowing when someone was going to pk you for no reason, and the wide variety of zones to explore and items to lore.

dbecer01

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »
I guess it's

-the combat system. It's simple, yet allows for strategy. It's not a big complicated mess of things that you have to memorize like in Achaea
-The game is challenging
-the wipes reset everything, and make things exciting
-the learning system is more natural (both spell and skill)
-the hidden things
-I've never "beaten" it (couldn't figure everything out and do all the zones)
-there's always something new to learn and lots of secrets
-I like grouping with Randoms
-Death Means something, so it makes the game more exciting
-when I started playing, it was the large number of players. For a mud, this game still has a fair bit of people to play with
-the fact that we have pk, but it's not (or isn't supposed to be) about ruining someone's game
-the classes are all unique and they all face their own challenges.
-This mud didn't feel as stock as a lot of the other ones I had tried when I played muds
-Rolling for character stats. In some other muds, you just choose this. This gives the feeling that your characters are all unique.
-The memories here ...

The game is just interesting.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:59:22 PM by dbecer01 »

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »
-Got hooked when I first started playing back in the day cause of the 12 on 12 on 12 pk and pvp fights from all sorts of different clans and individuals, when 120-160 people were on, and half the list could possibly be hunting / pking.
-PK / PVP system
-losing XP on death and Energy Drain Spell
-You can have your crap stolen, disarmed.
-The possibility of losing / decaying / destroying your gear.
-Death Traps
-Corpse Retrieval

Though now that the pk and pvp part of the game isn't quite allowed like it once was back in the day.  I wouldn't quite advertise that fact on the page.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
  Arctic is geared towards a mature game-playing audience. There is an emphasis on role-playing, and character interactions are handled in a realistic manner. This means there is sometimes competition and disputes between characters, and these disputes will sometimes end in violence. Player-characters stealing from and killing other player-characters is not necessarily encouraged, but it is allowed.

ferum

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:10 PM »
  Arctic is geared towards a mature game-playing audience. There is an emphasis on role-playing, and character interactions are handled in a realistic manner. This means there is sometimes competition and disputes between characters, and these disputes will sometimes end in violence. Player-characters stealing from and killing other player-characters is not necessarily encouraged, but it is allowed.

this is false.

we all know it.