Author Topic: Where are we going?  (Read 5888 times)

kmark101

Re: Where are we going?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 10:06:23 AM »
I think legends should be just toned down instead of messing with group size or items.
I mean for example the difference between strike and legendary strike is huge - could just decrease the gap.
Or animates or shamans, just decrease the gap, tone down the power of charmies, but dont kill them totally. I think a charmie should hit very hard/extremely hard maximum.

Think it would be the fastest and most effective way to do this. What is happening with weapons now is pretty disheartening and causes huge damage that might be irreversible (change back every weapon?! how? unless you restore from earlier db..)

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »
I don't get everyone's argument and thought process behind lowering group limits makes the game harder.  Yes, it did make the game harder weeks 1-3 of the wipe when there were no or few legend characters.  After that, it is irrelevant if you have 8 in the group or 10 in the group for 99% zones/fights in the game.  Does anyone honestly think doing ravenshadow on 8 vs doing it on 10 makes a difference if most people in the group are legend?  The only thing lower group limits does accomplish is having people sit on the sidelines if there are people around who want to group and also make end-game content more difficult.  Not to mention - end game content was already being done by very few clans over the past few wipes.

We are still going through iterative passes with weapons and are not complete yet. What you are seeing right now is a complete normalization for weapons that should give us a the 'level set' that we need to move forward.

Change is difficult, and we understand that some will adapt to the changes we are making and some will not.

Change is very difficult.  I don't understand why changes would want to be adopted if it will cause some players "not to make it;" i.e. stop playing the game.  I'm with Oligo, I think taking a hard look at legend effects to reduce the spike of power once legend is obtained could be a much easier approach and obtain the balance the creators are searching for.  I'll reference back to weeks 1-3 of the wipe.  Fights were difficult, we were prepping more, smaller level zones were much more difficult (yes, the group size was 8 so that played a big part in it as well) before everyone was legend.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 01:57:48 PM »
Sure, we can shut down for the next 2 years while we implement the changes...

As per any good development environment, all changes are made in production.

breiner

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 02:20:29 PM »
The maximum group size has been modified to 8.   <- bleh, bibi players :(
Legendary damage bonuses have been reduced.   <- fine whatever

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 09:03:44 AM »
@ Tour... Your friend gave you bad advice, going full retard is way more fun man. If you throw enough bodies at almost anything it will die. I challenge you to lose more than 24 in a single fight too hahahahaha! full retard or BUST! You should come ride the short bus with me again mein sithlord.