Author Topic: New weapon stats  (Read 19053 times)

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: New weapon stats
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 10:13:22 AM »
changing the die roll is one thing, but removing the +stats from items as well like the nv from a certain fang that now has the COOLEST name but is also 2d4 +crap -nv was wrong man, just wrong.
removing the +stats from the items as well as changing the die roll now not only weakens the weapon, it weakens the flavour of them all.
We are left with a bland 2d6 ++ or 2d4  stew, with no spices, and the people that were already winning the game in terms of elite gear before are still winning without probably batting an eye at these changes, really i bet they effect people that need help, as opposed to your top tier players. if your goal was to make the game harder for the top tier players, NONE of the elite weapons should have been safe from debuff. if you were trying to keep the game fair that is for %100 of us.

the die roll is an interesting idea, but the moment someone decided to remove the stats as well im shocked nobody stood up and said "hey man, just hey now...no deal" unless of course the overall idea was to make shop gear equal to something from the end of a zone that takes 5 guys 30 minutes to get to.

i know that you boys are trying a lot of new things, but maybe start by screwing with the people that requested you make the game harder before hitting all the mid level gear, start with the high level gear, lets see how happy the guys asking for more of a challenge are when you make it more challenging for THEM. cause i can pretty much guarantee whoever complained about the game being too easy to you has a 20+damage weapon still and probably bashmods and w.e else was making it easy before still.
but the rest of us are left with weapons that have awesome names, zero damage, and specials removed/debuffed in many cases and most of the people getting screwed with right now never requested any of these changes lol...

it is just sad to witness first hand how many people have just walked away over these changes, making weapons 2d3 as offys and then adding +1hitroll to them so that we cant even enchant them, is how you make dark knights and scouts just quit logging on.
its almost comparable to getting stomped at a war, the amount of people who are just mass quitting, except its not just myth, its every single clan getting stomped across the board and lots walking from all of them.
but what peeves me personally is that again, the people that probably complained and asked for a harder game, probably have relatively the same weapons unscathed by the mass whifflebatting of all other primes. someone feel free to call me a fool and tell me i am wrong in skype or something but i would be willing to make a bet that quested shoal weapons, khur, skullcap weapons are all the same.

Patpat

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »
^
what he said. Changes this wipe made the game a lot less fun to play. Can we just revert back to how the mud was prewipe please?

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 12:35:52 PM »
I have to agree.   It's not fun to spend years of your life devoted to a game, to feel like the staff's end result is to kill the playerbase and leave it open for 2-3 people.  If you want that as your end goal, then why not lock down the game now.   This is a text based game from the 90's. I'm sure many of us could easily find other things to do, but the fun of the game is to see your friends and run a few hard zones and go about real life. Now it seems bland,  as stated before there is no flavor to Arctic now and it's no different than the other muds out there.  The uniqueness of the game is gone and people probably won't come back.  It seems like your end goal is to kill the game?  If so tell us now, so we can move on with our lives.   

That's my .02 worth.

snax

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »
The elite clans are running around with the same range of damage weaps as is obtainable by the rest of us, it's just they got their stank together and are doing more with their smaller phallus of smiting, which sadly is also not nv, but that helps if the ho be fugly.

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
gramm.. you are a fool :)

all weapons have been nerfed... and the elite weapons now (from what I have seen) require 28str to prim it.... so this now means that I can no longer have the 15dam I required last wipe to log on.. I now have to balance it out with a lot of +Str items to wield said elite

I have also noticed using a 2d6 ++ weapon (which is quite common now days) with like 2dam I can still massacre... until I get to those stupid knights that always shieldblock so I then bruise..

i do agree that some of the nerfs have gone overboard... like said fang... which is now something to sell to wm for the 20coins you can get for it...

BUT i am sure that the nerfing/tweaking process isn't completed yet... so give it a little while and im sure that the individual flavour to weapons will come back a little...

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 06:28:53 AM »
No way. Mace of Destruction was still 3d6 2 2. FAR superior to most other things. So i'm sure all the big boy weapons are also decently statted. It doesn't affect top tier as much as you think and it doesn't keep the playing field even. Simple fact is, they got their weapons and shit first so they are still ahead of everyone else, but also scaled back just like everyone else.

I quit playing like 2weeks ago or so. I'm already on another mud doing my thing or playing league of legends. All these changes were to much for my liking and just done in a really really bad way. We were going in the right direction at first and then we stubbed our toe and closed our eyes; hopped around in a circle for a few moments, then whatever way we were facing when we opened our eyes up, thats just the way we went!

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »
^
what he said. Changes this wipe made the game a lot less fun to play. Can we just revert back to how the mud was prewipe please?

OH MY GOD THIS!

breiner

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 11:22:14 AM »

its almost comparable to getting stomped at a war, the amount of people who are just mass quitting, except its not just myth, its every single clan getting stomped across the board and lots walking from all of them.

Before nerf we were 10+ players. Now we're 1+ players. Can't repop any of my decays cause no people are interested in logging on.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »

Before nerf we were 10+ players. Now we're 1+ players. Can't repop any of my decays cause no people are interested in logging on.

I thought the problem was that people can pop decays but dont want to because they are 2d6 2/2

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2016, 03:12:54 PM »

I thought the problem was that people can pop decays but dont want to because they are 2d6 2/2

I think it's a bit of a cycle.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2016, 04:20:30 AM »

I think it's a bit of a cycle.

Hey I heard you like quotes, so I put some quotes in your quotes so you can read while you read.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2016, 07:30:29 AM »
Why are you guys destroying the game Daniel? You want everyone to quit so you can finally shut down or what? Put the mother bapting nerf batt down for a while, jeez.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2016, 09:40:17 PM »
I think the powers that be just wanted to show that classes that can have lots of pets (clerics and shaman) are the best classes in the game.  They have succeeded.  If the current changes to equipment stay the same expect to see 8 mans made up of one supertank barb with every lim_dam item they can fit and 7 shaman or clerics running around with 20-30 pets doing all the damage.

Not that anyone should nerf shaman or clerics - without them the end game content would be almost impossible, however, I would suggest that druids at least get to have up to five "stone-based" elementals at a time - they are not equivalent to shaman spirits but at least would give druids a reason to play with the nerf to their healing.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 06:33:16 AM »
It honestly feels like someone up there is just like "OH we have the power to change shit? Let's change everything, BECAUSE WE CAN!!!" They're just playing kick the can with arctic, because they got jack shit else to do I guess. No one around with any power to say "youre killing the game, knock it off"

jrrestad

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
Just to chime in...

Gramm, weapons are being nerfed across the board.  2d8 2/2 seems to be the standard for 'elite' weapons now. 3d8 3/3 for 2handers, 3d9 2/2 is a nice find but usually requires 24str.

4d5 2/2's getting nerfed to 2d6 3/3

I am using a 2d7 2/2 offy but 28str to hold, prime also requires 28 str.

I don't know if these changes were to make the game harder or something else.  Certainly they have been annoying.  I need 28strength to wield my weapons fine, I will spend 8rank points and hoarde +str gear.  I will even kill Lacuna for it.  I will wear extra gear past 28 because if a str decays and I can't wield my weapons I can play.  I will lie to my clannies when they ask for a spare str when I'm holding at least 3 extras in my chest. 

8mans, higher str requirements, weaker weapons.  These haven't prevented anything.  Have they slowed me down?  Not really at all.  However,  I can imagine how rough it is for someone without a clan, or who just dt'd. 

If there is a bigger picture other than, 'too strong, game break, make weaker', then we'll just have to wait and see what it is.