Author Topic: New weapon stats  (Read 20105 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: New weapon stats
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
Mace of destruction. It was dropped by 1hit and 1dam in rent.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 11:35:35 AM »
Could just be because its lim 1 item. I didn't think about that.

Annunuki

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 08:14:36 AM »
A bit Far? this is way passed a bit far. my 3d6 3/3 weapon decayed on me in rent '3d6' enchantable that I had enchanted to 3/3, I log and repop it. its 2d4 2hr now. so I go pop a 3d6 1dam weapon, its now 2d6 2/2. see everyone in the clan got a good laugh when they saw the changes. I didn't, I am a mountain scout who spent yesterday running around hitting weaker than anyone else in the group wonder how any scout is suppost to continue playing. already with the nerf to health 'under 440 at lvl 30, the lack of any healing and the fact fence drops when bashed a mt scout is already group dependant, with the weapons skills dropped I see no reason anyone would want to keep playing a scout. but yet I spend my days walking around with shamans who have 5 charmies and double annih/oblit, while I hit very hard wonder why my damage based champ without healing is being out damaged by every shaman I see, who also fills in as a healer. From what I can see anyone not playing a main tank or shaman had better reroll. Ive seen some changes in my time some good ideas and some bad ideas, but it looks to me like Hoss has decided to rewrite the game to a point It feels like he should be off opening his own mud, rather than ruining the balance of this one.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 10:10:39 AM »
Ochre Spine now 2d5 2 2.  I haven't seen half our clan log since we pasted the lore in chat

Oligo

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 11:25:30 AM »
Ochre Spine now 2d5 2 2.  I haven't seen half our clan log since we pasted the lore in chat

Please don't paste lores in chat if lorebot isn't present.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »
I think he's working through weapons first. Then spells is how I'm reading the posts. I'd imagine that spirits/animates/charmies are going to be nerfed hard.  Then we will probably see a rebalancing based on zoning experiences/difficulty. Change is good. Even bad changes. The game was broken.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
I don't know if the game will end up properly balanced when all the updates are said and done.  What I have seen is a lot of people being extremely reactive and negative toward any significant changes.  We had a bunch of people whine about 8 man groups, the mud population looks like that might even be high number now.  "But people are quitting!!!" < This is the same time the first wave of people quit every year.  And players for years have tried to use this as a gambit to twist the arms of immortals into gettjng their way. If the people running the game were to listen to the players all the time every nightmare would stun 99% of the time, every player would be allowed to play as many characters as they want, every druid would be no bash solo healing zones, and the top 1% would still have 95% more dam items than the rest of the mud.

I don't know how it will turn out, but I'm interested to see. One of the only valid arguments I've seen is that people don't want cookie cutter items that have different names and same stats. I honestly don't know how that would be addressed due to collapsed ranges for weapon damage.  I am sure this will be addressed if it hasn't already, but shop weapons should be accordingly lowered. I have found at least a few that are as good or better than things you will load from zones.

I guess my point is, people claiming things are going to be unbalanced can't logically make that statement until the changes have been completed some time down the road.  Relax and wait and see how things turn out (or quit until the changes are fully implemented if you can't handle it).  Then maybe a thread like this won't read like pure whine.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
I don't even know mystic vault and I know absolutely zero of shoal, I dont even know how to get into the zone, lol. Sounds like David forgot his medicine again.

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
We all know it's the weapon name/coolness factor that deals the damage anyway :-)

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 12:06:56 PM »
It's not about how much damage you are doing, it's about how much damage it LOOKS like you are doing.

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 02:28:41 PM »
Coolness>all!

Anthony

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
It's not about how much damage you are doing, it's about how much damage it LOOKS like you are doing.

Schluck ftw?

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 05:42:38 PM »
Now that I have changed my mud client to replace "barely hits" with "SUPER DECIMATES" and "hits" with "UTTERLY DESTROYS" I am having much more fun killing worms in the Solace sewers!  This is the best wipe ever!!!

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »
Now that I have changed my mud client to replace "barely hits" with "SUPER DECIMATES" and "hits" with "UTTERLY DESTROYS" I am having much more fun killing worms in the Solace sewers!  This is the best wipe ever!!!

Why stop there.

sub solace for silvernesti
sewer for nightmare forest
ratman King for cyan bloodbane
worms for undead squirrels
centipede for undead bears
spiders for mighty beholders

HP *= 100

sub 1d6 with 6d6
now where is supa rusty longsword?

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 10:12:20 AM »

Why stop there.

sub solace for silvernesti
sewer for nightmare forest
ratman King for cyan bloodbane
worms for undead squirrels
centipede for undead bears
spiders for mighty beholders

HP *= 100

sub 1d6 with 6d6
now where is supa rusty longsword?

iron ration -> juicy steak
rat ration -> bacon cheese burger