Author Topic: New weapon stats  (Read 20076 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
New weapon stats
« on: February 02, 2016, 06:36:57 AM »
Nerfing weapon stats was a bad move i think. Maybe mess with weights since overall char stats were decreased. I've ran into so many 2d6 2 2 weapons in the last few days, its crazy.

I've played here for a long time, and I've seen various nerfs/buffs over the years. These nerfs are going in the wrong direction IMO. Nerfing stats on characters was the best place to start. The legend payout is so huge that it needed done. I'm not sure what the best course is to do after that, but making majority weapons complete crap now, after nerfing so many worn items ON TOP of nerfing character stats, is going a bit far. 

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: New weapon stats
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:26:49 AM »
Why is it going to far? Will people not be able to complete end game content with 2d8 ++ weapons and group sizes 10 and legend? Is the end game stuff going to be harder? Yeah, probably. Unrealistic to achieve? Not yet.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:02:13 AM »
Not unrealistic, no. Makes the urge to go after certain things not there as much. Maybe its because we are used to popping 20-24dam weapons and different things.

I agree there needs to be some scaling back. Leave things the same and limit how many legends can be in 1 group is another option.

Making things not worth doing isn't the answer though. I heard hydra gaunts got changed to str instead of dam recently. i've yet to learn that fight, and that doesn't give me much incentive to want to.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:16:19 AM »
hail hydra

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »
Yeah I think u nailed it: it's all a matter of perspective.  What is the new elite?

jrrestad

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:06:27 PM »
Why did things need scaling back?  More power, more damage, more gear!

I'm just curious, what is the purpose of all this.  Making all these weapons weaker will decrease overall damage output, and perhaps make some things harder, but to what end?  A more difficult game will increase playerbase?  Retain players? Balance the power?

I think the gap between weak and powerful is widening so far, but it is too early to tell.

My question was answered in a different post.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:14:23 PM by jrrestad »

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:27:48 PM »
I think the gap between weak and powerful is widening so far, but it is too early to tell.

Doesn't this gap make the gap smaller?

Prior to the change, now you have noobs running around with 3d5+1 junk weapons, and elite players using 3d7+3+3ish stuff, pretty significant difference.

After the change, looks like everyone will be running around with 2d6++ weapons, with a few elites maybe have access to a 2d7 or 2d8 weapon.  The gap is getting smaller, not widening.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »
with a few elites maybe have access to a 2d7 or 2d8 weapon.

Clearly you aren't one of the elites.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:21:04 PM »
Thats a perfect question. What is the new elite?

One way to look at it is; the weaker people hit the longer pk battles could happen etc. So that could be a +. No one is going to get 2-3 rounded anymore, or unlikely to I guess.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »
2d5 enchantable prime for sale!

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »

Au contraire, I have access to 3d6++ weapons still. My garbage is still better than the fixed "elite" weapon drops, at least until it all decays or the next wipe.

Patpat

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »

Au contraire, I have access to 3d6++ weapons still. My garbage is still better than the fixed "elite" weapon drops, at least until it all decays or the next wipe.

Wait so if you have access it 3d6 ++ weapons why are you saying the elite people only have 2d7 weapons? Are you saying the weapons your using are 3d6 ++ and were overlooked?

2d5 enchantable prime for sale!
2d6 2/2 from lowbie level zone for trade for lim one unique 2d6 2/2 from high zone!

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »
Wait so if you have access it 3d6 ++ weapons why are you saying the elite people only have 2d7 weapons?

New dropping "fixed" elite weapons are inferior, I never said elite players don't have access to the old good weapons.

We were talking about the gap getting smaller. As in, "getting" there, in the future. Until all the old items are flushed out due to decay or pwipe, that won't occur, but it will eventually occur, unless something crazy happens like the change gets reverted.

It has created a sort of sad state of MUD in that nearly all weapon drops are now vendor trash until the good old gear decays.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 06:15:23 AM »
That is also untrue. My mace went down in my rent, hasn't decayed yet. Then i popped a 3d6 ++ weapon from a soloable zone.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 06:18:44 AM »
That is also untrue. My mace went down in my rent, hasn't decayed yet. Then i popped a 3d6 ++ weapon from a soloable zone.

The 3d6 just hasn't been fixed yet, the process is incomplete.

Oh, I see you are saying your sword got nerfed and stats changed in rent. Very interesting, because I know for a fact that one of my thieve's weapons got nerfed, I lored the new version as a 2d6, while the one I have from before still has it's original damage. I think you are either mistaken, or your weapon was a special case.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:42:18 AM by lurker »