Author Topic: Static Quest Rank Experience  (Read 3876 times)

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
Static Quest Rank Experience
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »
Much like mobs that give rank points.  Have certain quests give static rank experience.  So for example a High Level Zone quest may give 1% rank where a mid range zone may give .1%.   I can leave the details up to y'all.   This would give people more incentive to solve these in the game and learn the full potential of zones, then just equipment popping and rank mob killing.   

Just some food for thought.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
Re: Static Quest Rank Experience
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
Such a good idea. I'm thinking we could link rank bonus to quest exp. This should not be across the board so a certain ring dropped in a certain room my not grant rank, nor should returning a certain kitten to its owner. But I can think of plenty of Decent quest exp places that would rule if they gave rank.

RaVaN

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
  I personally don't like this idea.  A good majority of quests are of value in their own right and people haven't bothered to solve them so why would making them static rank increase that?  Basically is just a bonus for the quest solvers and would lead to a decrease in overall quest knowledge rather than an increase. 

As well, ranking is ridiculously easy and I would say most "quests" have rank through it both dynamic and static so why add more?  I would rather see some quests give something of worth rather than just experience or be updated, but like I said the most of quests I know are of value in their own right, though there have been a couple I have solved that I thought "Lame" when I finally solved it.

Mind you, I am saying ranking is ridiculously easy solo and this was more true at the beginning of the wipe.  Prompt rank is your friend.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »
Solo ranking is still very doable, but you have to have a good idea which zones aren't being run.  That's why I'd like to see the monthly zone stats posted, or else add a color scheme to the help area file which lets you know, by color, how recently a zone has been run: green 24+ hours, yellow 12+ hours, red under 12 hours.  I think we would see some less run zones (brightfield cemetery, kago hinterlands) being run more often, and maybe, just maybe, CT wouldn't be eternally spammed.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
Shelved for Lube.