Author Topic: Changes  (Read 9347 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Changes
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:20:06 AM »
Really?  Can't teleport to non-grouped people anymore?  Clair doesn't work?  What is going on....?  How are you suppose to find someone on this game.  Oh, and removing book from Uth Lich?  Do we not want mages to legend?

jrrestad

Re: Changes
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »
To legendary a mage is easy this wipe.  You just have to solve the impossibly obscure mystic vault.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »
@teleport: been that way all wipe.

@clair: works just fine, L2 beacon

The Uth book load was changed to be death load and higher load%, we thought it was cheesy as hell that level 10 wild and rise mages were spamming the area. This thread is great though, it shows us who drinks the Reed-koolaid. Now that we have had an open discussion about a book load location, I will see if Flook can find a more obscure place to load it that isn't listed in your shared evernote accounts.

Nary

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:32:36 PM »
Finale is a good place recommendation.  About the right difficulty, not cot arena but close.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:58:51 PM »
The original post was written out of frustration, and I don't want to attack the immortals.  They have been making major changes this wipe for what we are all hoping will improve the game.  We are currently at war with WILDS and it is very difficult find the other clan without teleport anymore.  That was a recent change that we will have to adjust to.  I will play with Clair some more, but it seems to not be super useful in finding the enemy.  I could be completely wrong.

Regarding Lich - Our clan doesn't really have an active mage.  Kiranabachi recently took a step back from the game because he couldn't legend and didn't have any more time to invest in pushing for legend due to personal reasons.  So.... I really don't have any motive (currently) for making a push to the imms for reconsidering the load locations on the Thunderbolt, Acid Mist, Slumber book.  I just want to bring up the point that there are probably a handful of very frustrated mages searching for that last spell so they can legend.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 10:09:37 PM »
I actually surmised that it might be death load now.  Appreciate it. 

Everyone who plays a main mage has been trading stories on when "the last time someone saw a lich load" was.  Generally, everyone has a friend who saw one a few days ago, held.  I've done 5-7 kills on naked lich just to test deathload theory, but saw nothing... and soloing it is a major time investment.  I appreciate your clarification, Hoss. 

I never use teleport to find someone, as I never pk and have visited the Heart of the Mountain enough already, thankyouverymuch.  I didn't see how someone would report that change publicly if they weren't quite certain of it.   My fault for believing something on the internet. :)

My post was about optics, not facts.  I repeatedly said "If this is true", I believe.    Fact is, there were a few mages who got legend with the book held: I know, I helped load at least one of them.  Again, changing midstream this early in wipe, when it's that major a change for a class, is something that *should be public*.   Otherwise, you have a small group of people familiar with the change and abusing it, and a large group of people who do not know of it, have no reason to suspect it, and continue to waste valuable Real Life, adulting time doing checks.

I don't drink the Reed Koolaid: I do listen to all sides, and yes, the transparency you just gave us should have been present at the moment that major change was implemented.  Otherwise, again, you promote the power of the informed few over the ignorant masses.

As it happens, I'm fine with lich being deathload: I actually prefer that option.  As long as I'm informed of it.

Jason

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 11:10:55 PM »
This thread is a joke. You can learn mystic solo. I did as a red robe last wipe and a tank this wipe after hoss changed it... Why he does that every wipe is annoying as bapt but it's a joke to learn anyways. If you can figure out terk zones mystic is easy as hell.  It's just spending a few hours there and actually reading the descriptions.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »
It's not a joke, Zozen.  There are people who prefer not to bother their clan to spell their mages, at least insofar as this is possible (mages are, currently, soloable up to big 4.)   Mystic takes that option away, and very few clans have any bapting desire to respond to a "Green dragonhide loaded, let's do mystic vault" all call.   If you wait on that help for legend, you're going to be a very, very disappointed mage. 

Lich is vital for this reason.  Might I suggest you remove your elitist head from your elitist fundament?

Jason

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 11:23:03 PM »
I find this thread hilarious. I'm obessesive compulsive with legending my characters. After 30 failed loads on lich I suggested we start killing it to see if it was force or deathload. Amazing how the same desperate people who will Look at lich 30+ times and assume it doesn't load a spell anymore, neglect to kill it an equal amount of times to reach the conclusion it is not deathload either. LOL.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 11:25:12 PM »
Oh, and I didn't learn lich from evernote.  I learn very little from it: mostly, I use it as a reference to backstop all the shit I've forgotten in two decades.  I certainly didn't learn how to solo it with literally every good-align capable melee class in the game from evernote. 

Re: Eddie;

I figured it might be deathload after fewer checks than that, due to conversations with others.  I don't drag groups there, though, so 30 kills solo to check is simply a number I had yet to hit. :)

Cheers!

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 11:25:22 PM »
Clans don't want to help their people legend? Sounds like a poor clan. If by being an elitest you mean helping people to legend to better my clan then yes: I spend hours/ days to learn something for no personal gain whatsoever other than to help my bros legend to make everyone better.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 11:27:34 PM »
I can name more than a few leaders who bapting despise mages, and will laugh you out of clantell for asking that a zone be run for a book.  Not all of them are in my clan, though a few are.  The mage hate runs deep. If I'd waited for people to load my books over the last three wipes, I'd still never have had a legend mage.  As it is, I've legended/ranked past 30 all three robes.

Jason

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 11:30:10 PM »
I don't drink the Reed Koolaid: I do listen to all sides, and yes, the transparency you just gave us should have been present at the moment that major change was implemented.  Otherwise, again, you promote the power of the informed few over the ignorant masses.

We will never hand hold the players and provide them with all the information required to be better at the game. We will also not make this sort of information 'transparent' to the players. This stuff is up to you to learn through regular means, trial and error, or actual thought.

@Mage hate: Yes, mages are more difficult to legend than other characters. This is due to the fact that mages are also much stronger than any other class, legendary or non-legendary.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »
Holding hands? Not what I'm asking for.  Making a major change to a legend-vital mob, after some privileged players have already benefited from the old way of doing things?   Yeah, that's different.  You need to make a dev note about that.  Nothing explicit, but damned well more than snickering in Godshome while a very few enjoy the fruits of well-timed labor. 

If it had been this way from the beginning?  No worries, boss.  But I personally saw a held book on Lich.  Why would I think it had changed?  What possible reason would there be for impartial immortals to allow some to benefit from the old way, and then change it midstream, without even a cryptic hint? 

We don't have a Shriner port to learn this game from.  We regular mortals have to do things differently.  There's a difference between 'holding hands' and 'not sharing information of a vital change mid-wipe.'

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »
NEWS UPDATE: had eggplant parmesan for dinner 4/5 stars.

Shriner port? Keep drinking that Reed-aid.