Author Topic: limited items/rent system  (Read 3134 times)

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
limited items/rent system
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »
this really needs to get looked at in my opinion. 

i can earn enough coins in 1 day to rent my superb quality weapon for 120 days.  when i found another nice weapon i just passed it to a storage character and gave him enough coins to rent for a few months.  when i find a 3rd, i can see no reason not to just do it again.  i feel like id be a fool not to.  why wouldnt i want to save few backup items for virtually no effort?

in a game with limited items it is not good that this is so easy.  i cant be the only one doing it.  judging from past experiences, i fully expect that if i rented for a few months and returned i would still have almost all of the stuff.  isnt this a problem?

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
Re: limited items/rent system
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:17:51 AM »
this really needs to get looked at in my opinion. 

i can earn enough coins in 1 day to rent my superb quality weapon for 120 days.  when i found another nice weapon i just passed it to a storage character and gave him enough coins to rent for a few months.  when i find a 3rd, i can see no reason not to just do it again.  i feel like id be a fool not to.  why wouldnt i want to save few backup items for virtually no effort?

in a game with limited items it is not good that this is so easy.  i cant be the only one doing it.  judging from past experiences, i fully expect that if i rented for a few months and returned i would still have almost all of the stuff.  isnt this a problem?

storage characters are theoreticaly zapped of all eq/coins by the immortals

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »
And having been on the zapping end of that zapper a time or two or three quickly cured my desire to store eq. Even though I whined and pouted and made claims that said character wasn't a storage unit, eventually I had to face the fact that I no longer actively played on that char. Zapping it made me realize which chars I cared about enough to actually regear and play...if I didn't care enough to invest in the gear to get that char playing again then the char was nothing more than a storage unit, or at best a CR machine for when the chars I cared about died.

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 04:32:54 AM »
well done with the pzapping this wipe immortals!

i am finding a lot of equipment that i never see loading.  and it is very fun to actually find items in zones, even if they used to be 4d5 and are now 2d6.

pasta_whee

• Favorite Zone: Tarsis
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:36:54 AM »
Yes good job imms on zapping people! I am also finding lots of gear that doesn't normally load.  The only thing that makes me sad is my ability atm to find a prime weapon over 16 dam. I have 3 15 dam offies atm and 1 16 dam offie but finding a prime seems impossible.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
Yes good job imms on zapping people! I am also finding lots of gear that doesn't normally load.  The only thing that makes me sad is my ability atm to find a prime weapon over 16 dam. I have 3 15 dam offies atm and 1 16 dam offie but finding a prime seems impossible.

I dont think it's zapping. I think people just arent bothering to rent the crap.  As for primes, have you tried enchanting a 2d7?