Author Topic: Group limit change  (Read 15907 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: Group limit change
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
I am just waiting for people to start asking why we can't have 12...14...16 people in a group.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »
can we have unlimited again?

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2016, 06:08:58 AM »
and so it begins...

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »
I'm just wondering when people are going to realize that the group limits is related to how hoss and zone creators are editing zone strength and individual player power and in a month or three when there are 10-20 active people online and people are struggling to get a group they will be complaining about how weak their characters are and how they can't 6-7 man cyan anymore. All because they wanted 2 more people in their group. I'm waiting for the Hoss bomb to drop because he gave back 10 man limit: Flat damage reduction of -30 % across the board? All chars -150 hps? All main fights power increased again to what they were?

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
I'm just wondering when people are going to realize that the group limits is related to how hoss and zone creators are editing zone strength and individual player power and in a month or three when there are 10-20 active people online and people are struggling to get a group they will be complaining about how weak their characters are and how they can't 6-7 man cyan anymore. All because they wanted 2 more people in their group. I'm waiting for the Hoss bomb to drop because he gave back 10 man limit: Flat damage reduction of -30 % across the board? All chars -150 hps? All main fights power increased again to what they were?

legendary fills up two group slots would have a similar effect without nerfing everyone.  I think the need for more than 8 in a group is mostly before people are legendary anyways. While I'm not keen on people being left out, I also like the idea that big fights can be done on 8 even prelegend.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2016, 05:37:20 PM »
We balance the game around a full group of legendary characters, we are currently discussing how to best re-balance for 10 man groups, but yes, you can expect the overall power scale to decrease for players and increase for mobs.

Patpat

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2016, 07:09:47 PM »
Just letting you know me and my small group of friends thought 8 mans was a good change. In another month or two most of these people that cried about 10 man groups will have quit for the wipe anyways, logons are already decreasing, soon the CORE horde will quite too and the remainder of us will be trying to explore the mud on our 5 man pick up groups. I'm not necessarily an elite player, and still having fun exploring and learning some of the lesser known content and hope it will still be accessible late wipe when everyone quits.

Small strong groups yay. Large weak groups nay.

thanks for all the hard work imms!

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:14 AM »
It is something that I am going to continue to monitor as we progress through the wipe. I still think that the 10 man group will be the outside the norm, but some groups just need to play the game in easy-mode.

snax

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
It is something that I am going to continue to monitor as we progress through the wipe. I still think that the 10 man group will be the outside the norm, but some groups just need to play the game in easy-mode.

Easy mode makes sense.  Balancing for a 8 or 10 man legend means you're balancing for the top 2/3rds of the playerbase (which is kind and makes sense) until you start thinking about why we play (it makes less obvious distractions at jobs etc than graphical shootemups) and then you realize most of us are juggling kids / teenagers / and stuff that gives us a little bit less time to power up and rule the game like 20 years ago.

If you balanced for the bottom 10% the game would spontaneously shut itself closed because everyone would win, there would be no stupid 3 am skype calls or texts or phone calls to log and help cr...and the game would actually have an end.

That said, I can't *wait* to see what creative plays you have next but can i pretty please suggest shamans spirits 1 at 15, 2 at 30, and maybe up to 4 at legend.  Yeah they won't be able to "solo" like a 5 man 3rd tier clan as well, *** it's time to dial them down *** maybe? please? Grandpa?

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2016, 07:06:11 AM »

If you balanced for the bottom 10% the game would spontaneously shut itself closed because everyone would win, there would be no stupid 3 am skype calls or texts or phone calls to log and help cr...and the game would actually have an end.

It's really more complex than that. 90% of the zones can be balanced for the bottom 10% and the game would still be okay as long as the top 10% "elite" zones were still challenging for the skilled players.  Obviously these are just numbers pulled out of thin air, but the point is the entire mud isn't all set on the same difficulty level, some zones are easier and some zones are harder.