Author Topic: Group limit change  (Read 15861 times)

Hoss

• Elder
Re: Group limit change
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 09:30:47 PM »
@Bryton While rude, it is true that we do not listen to you at all.

kmark101

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 01:49:38 AM »
At this point in the wipe we just do not have enough data to guide us either way, and moving the group limit back to 10 would be a knee-jerk reaction to the few of you that are whining.

I think you will have only less data in the future as the playerbase is shrinking, mostly because some people can't group while the fun lasts. Which means there will be less ppl asking for the change, less data to use. Losing players in each wipe is inevitable and will happen this time as well, but this change is making the process much faster. Whining or not, I just really really hate when you sit down to play and simply can't join your friends for hours or days because there is no room in the group for your class or character. You guys are doing such a hard work to keep this game running, why don't you want more people to enjoy it instead of cutting them down with regulations like this?

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 06:26:17 AM »
Large groups suck, but are much more efficient than small groups. Why take the time to figure out a superior strategy to beat a fight, when you can just bring in a few more fodder instead and steamroll it? I have more fun duoing and soloing than I do sitting in a big group just type "ass" every 5 seconds.

If above comments are to be believed, the fans of large groups have already quit the game. It might just be that the remaining playerbase loves the smaller group sizes, and they will quit if the change is reverted.

Hele

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 05:50:53 PM »
Here's what this limit has done to me. I'll ask and ask for room, but they are already reserved for 30 lvl / legends. We seldom have room for lowbies who try to xp. So I have to sit out and train camp etc..

I'm feeling kinda frustrated, chose a class that's not easily soloed to 30 lvl and rank 20. If we had bigger group sizes i think more ppl like me would be in the groups.  For me it's just killing my will to play. I like the game, but i like the game with ppl more.

Plz bring back bigger group sizes.

Hele

ferum

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 11:45:25 PM »
A team will always continue to be A team because the group always needs the best to do the best mobs in game.

B team will always continue to be B team because of the above.

Solution, B team quits the clan and make B clan with other B team members of other clans.

If you are not a person who can make new friends, time to find a new game!

The amount of player base left within the next few weeks will show the results of which solution people took.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 01:58:37 PM »
I 100% agree with breaking out and making new clans. I love seeing new clans spring up.

Scouts are 1 of the easiest to solo exp on. Train your fence up!

As a follower/leader here are my serious thoughts:

Even with 10 man group limits people were still left out, that's fact. Were there less left out? Sure, 2 less. I think its the clans job to rotate their people in and out at this point. Why not make a 2nd group? When the group limit changed to 10 people made the same arguments.

As for group power. Ive 2manned glymmer with legend paladin/shaman. Idk how it'll shake out for cyan or anything like that but group power is not an issue.

Let it go at least 3 months. Then make a decision if it should go back or not, but by that time the population will shrink and it wont matter!

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »
a good clan elder would be willing to leave the main group even if his chieftain scolds him for it, and lead his fellow clansmen around when they are in need.

team a team b team c isn't a bad idea, but again if all your leaders are in team a.... then you are only shooting yourselves in the foot by not helping the rest of your clan that is in need.. that's just my opinion though, I will often hand the group over and lead team b instead. seems to keep most people happy

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 05:36:13 PM »
I really don't see the problem people imagine is happening.  There is normally an 8 man zoning hard in the clan I am currently associated with.  There are also typically 2-8 other people in the clan around.  If I am not in the "main group" I have no problem soloing or leading small groups, and those 8 man groups are a revolving door, eventually they need more members and I can get in if I want.

If you log onto arctic and then immediately log off because you can't be in the "main group" then you probably aren't a very valuable member anyway.  Strong clan members ALWAYS have skilling, coin runs, xp and trash ranks they can be running when not in the main group.  If your hope is the clan will just provide all those things for you then you are just a leech.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:07 AM »
A team will always continue to be A team because the group always needs the best to do the best mobs in game.
B team will always continue to be B team because of the above.

What's wrong with being on the B team?

Annunuki

Deletion of Eviltim for large group
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2016, 10:05:42 AM »
Eviltim can be a douche. But yet its still disturbing to watch him being deleted for killing wilds in a fight that was no different than any other. His group was bigger, so what. The group limits were not for PVP, only AFTER the fight did Hoss wish to pretend he had cheated. We have most of us played this game for nearly 20 years. Another obvious case of immortal intervention.

Pyder

• Favorite Zone: CT!
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 02:24:14 AM »
Remove Legendary rank and Volley for skyscouts, make grouplimit 10 or 12 again, problem solved.
Not even funny how powerful a stacked (for example) mountainscout is with stuff like thrash etc.

OR!

Something has to be done to rewrite all the encounters to fit the newfound power of these legendary chars.
2-3-manning previously 10-12 man content is not cool :)

I'm returning this wipe to the MUD after a 9-10 year afk, and for better or worse, it's not the same game I used to play at all.
Altho my experiences so far is that you can just yawn your way through places like CT or whatever is not really adding to the fun experience.
For me atleast! I do appriciate the idea of legendary rank etc, but the rest of the game has to adapt to it also for it to work.
Get some interns to tweak all the encounters with boss hp, how hard they hit etc and we'll be in the express lane to glory in no time :)

Other then that it's great fun to be back and meet all the people again, some of which I've known for the past two decades or more!

// SwedeAndy

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2016, 04:31:47 AM »
It's not the legends that has made the game so much easier.  I think it's the gear.  There are far more "elite" items now than before.   Since new zones created are mostly high level ones, there are more higher tier gear than ever.  At the same time the number of players are smaller, resulting in everyone running around with 3d6++ weapons, and healers with less than 8 heals considered not worthy of a group spot.  The non-legendary melees now days hit harder than the top hitters of pre-legend era.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »
I remember the days when a 2d6 offhand was worth a lot of coin. Now, formerlly elite stuff like +hitroll gear, autoflys, primes with 12+ avg damage are all vendor junk. Times have changed.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »
I'm glad I didn't play when 12 dam primes and hit roll gear was considered elite.

It is far more likely that it was considered elite to you.

Ten years ago I played for a week and could load a 3d5++. Any money bet the elite players of that time weren't running around with basket hilted longswords

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 10:06:14 AM »
I'm glad I didn't play when 12 dam primes and hit roll gear was considered elite.

It is far more likely that it was considered elite to you.

Ten years ago I played for a week and could load a 3d5++. Any money bet the elite players of that time weren't running around with basket hilted longswords

Do you know how average damage is calculated? I don't want to reveal too much game info, but if you think a basket hilted longsword is a 12+ avg damage prime, you need a lesson in math. 12+ is, at a minimum a 4d4+3 weapon, or a 3d6+1. Maybe elite was the wrong word, but these sorts of weapons were not found sitting on the vendor in the past, because they had a very high value among the players who played, even players in serious clans

But please, more humble brags, it really makes you look like a douche.