Author Topic: A Reasonable Discussion of Recent Stat Fixes.  (Read 11268 times)

gnua

• Zone Leader
Re: A Reasonable Discussion of Recent Stat Fixes.
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »
So like maybe they just wanted every other char to be like mages with the casting level thing.  Except with like stats, you know.

a level 24 naked mage with no prer can solo pop +9 cl fairly easily just by doing a bottom tier book run. i dont think an unprepped, naked level 24 character can solo pop +9 stats.

ferum

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 12:48:37 AM »
My human warrior's stat with primary STR picked at creation.

Str: 16 Int: 13 Wis: 13 Dex: 17 Con: 16 Cha: 14

The str is rather sad.... but is rush char and is level 30 now.

Created another human just to check the stats, got a 18 str human warrior without picking a primary stat. Goes to show my wipe char is broken T_T

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 05:02:50 AM »
My paladin's stats, due to the bug, are permanently bapted to the point where I simply lie.  A lot.

So, I rolled straight 19s. 

Yes, the imms still need to apply a fix to those who 30/legend characters created prior to the stat fix.  No, this will not change regardless of how often the imms say it's not feasible:  manually applying a fix *is* feasible when requested, and if you make people legend a character with stats similar to the above post, motherbapter, we earned it. :)

Jason

zaxx

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 06:14:02 AM »
My human warrior's stat with primary STR picked at creation.

Str: 16 Int: 13 Wis: 13 Dex: 17 Con: 16 Cha: 14

hey, it's decent, look what I've got - Str: 16 Int: 13 Wis: 13 Dex: 15 Con: 14 Cha: 16

RichE

• Fodder
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »
Just wanna say how stupid this stat change was and serves no purpose what so ever.  The low stat makes characters basically unplayable, you have to grind out to legend just to make a playable exotic character with stats that we are all used to playing, oh also you get +dam / lim dam or svs, wtf.  Who thought this was even remotely a good idea?

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:04 PM »
People wanted a challenge, this has created not only that, but rewards for persistent play and for zoning.

snax

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
Yes, the imms still need to apply a fix to those who 30/legend characters created prior to the stat fix.  No, this will not change regardless of how often the imms say it's not feasible:  manually applying a fix *is* feasible when requested, and if you make people legend a character with stats similar to the above post, motherbapter, we earned it. :)

Jason

Haha!  Good Luck getting your son Hoss to clean his bedroom.  Maybe after that and after he sets the table he'll manually apply a fix (appears you requested).  I think there was some wierd delete button that fixes broken data.  Then there's this healing phase where you get to become legend again after a 160million xp cooldown.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »
I thought the point of lowering stats so much was so you could add stats to a ton of eq? To balance things out a bit. Did this go in and I'm just not seeing it or what? Also. The first round of stats were just lame, the revamp of stats was a better. I'd take it like 10% higher than that though. I rolled about 120 x for a dk. Couldn't get over 17str 14 17 14 17 16. And that wasn't horrible honestly.

If the reason behind lowering stats was to tone things down at all levels, did it work for legend? Or do legends still steamroll everything?

mpriki

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2016, 07:27:49 AM »
I like that stat change
+stat items/ranks will have a use now
ppl wont be able to be +15 dmg now and bash-triple oblit insta pk
and ppl who fail spells buy +learn +int ranks untill you spell up.

i am happy to see you all whine again.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »
die mpriki

Valenore

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 07:05:49 AM »
I like that stat change
+stat items/ranks will have a use now
ppl wont be able to be +15 dmg now and bash-triple oblit insta pk

If you are able to be +15 dmg  you are going to be +15 dmg.  I don't think are a lot of players thinking "it would be nice to be +15 dmg but I am not cool unless I have a 28 str". 

and ppl who fail spells buy +learn +int ranks untill you spell up.

So that reduces the stat change to a coin sink for casters?  What is the purpose of that?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:08:50 AM by Valenore »