Author Topic: PK Rules  (Read 8526 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: PK Rules
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
Here is a little more detail on why I see following this loose rule beneficial.

We are working a lot on game balance, and one of the foundation pieces of this is a player's TTL (time to live). If we cannot look at PvP situations with some baseline data (8v8) it becomes very difficult to see if we are getting close to our goal. We very much want PvP to be more than first team to area wins, we would very much like to add back in skill and increase the TTL to a point where you have enough time to react to a situation.

Bringing more than 8 really doesn't provide us with much, sure you get shinies, but your game isn't going to improve. Which is more important?

This sounds to me like 2 clans each making an 8man to jointly jump a more powerful clan would be a nono then.

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 04:31:25 PM »
Isn't it obvious why this happens? PvP was a lot more exciting 15 years ago or so, because after your group got ambushed you could still log on your trashy alts and try to get revenge. The trash character rules and draconian enforcement made it so that major clans only fight when they are well geared and confident of winning. It may well take weeks to get well geared after being fully wiped.

I'm not sure it's that obvious. I think there are a lot of reasons for wild not pkilling. Aging population. Full time jobs and kids. Pvp had always been about game knowledge and time. Since game knowledge is pretty even it comes down to time. Only  1 or 2 wild can put in more than 2-4 hours that is not broken up with family obligations. I'm pretty sure there are 5-7 in rise that put in double that and can do it uninterrupted. I'm not sure trash chars would make a difference with that disparity.

I don't even like pvp in this game anymore and that's coming from ME.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 04:46:46 PM »
You're old?

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
You're old?

Nah, I just used to be bloodthirsty and it lost its appeal.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »

^This.

kmark101

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 11:16:42 PM »
You're old?

You turned into a NewMavlad_2

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »
so what is someone is foolish enough to piss off multiple clans...
say 1.clan pisses off 2.clan AND 3.clan
are 2.clan and 3.clan both not within their right to stomp the foolish 1.clan out? at the same time? ideally making it a 16v8

and no I understand its not a glorious win, unless of course the 8 wins. but sometimes harsh lessons need to be taught to lippy idiots, as I can personally attest to.

what gives 1.clan the right to mess with 50% of the mud, but protected into only having 10% of the mud fight them at the same time?

shouldn't 50% of the mud be able to take action all at the same time and teach 1.clan a lesson?