Author Topic: Healing Cloud  (Read 13535 times)

eddiex

• Zoner
Re: Healing Cloud
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »
Way to deflect the truth. Druids were my favorite class before healing cloud, granite hand, and when stone skin loaded on cyan. I also listed a number of reasons why Druids are good beyond healing cloud.

I can make the same straw man. Now Druids are refresh, primal fury, and healing cloud machines. Yay so exciting.

Morte

• Favorite Zone: Myth Stronghold
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:24 PM »
Even better if this means somebody won't roll that 4th or 5th alt because they have nothing better to do and won't be able to equip it/coin it properly to maintain gear. Personally I would increase rents on gear across the board and even more so on elite items to avoid storage/deep renting.

perhaps a better idea! rent cost increases the longer you stay rented. if you dont log in 3 days it doubles and so on.

snax

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 08:21:29 PM »

Keep in mind druids were refreshing machines before healing cloud
yes so let's take away refresh from the poser classes. 

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2015, 11:17:10 PM »
Its fine letting scouts refresh, just remove that stupid notrack flag. and yes it IS stupid.

snax

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 11:57:01 PM »
Its fine letting scouts refresh, just remove that stupid notrack flag. and yes it IS stupid.

scouts having refresh is like nambla giving lollipops to children in the schools.  It's more stupid.  the Notrack flag is fine.  No more sweets from strangers #saveacoweatalentilburger

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 05:12:37 AM »
IF the healing cloud is going to have 100% chance to hit, the healing needs to be significantly reduced where a naked druid will have cure lights raining down on the group. If the proc chance is 50%, the healing could possibly go up a little bit. Anything that's RNG in a game is asking for trouble. I do agree with Eddie that right now, as the current healing goes....a fully spelled, trash druid is so useful and on par with a naked shaman with a crude staff and five spirits. I honestly like the changes to the actual healing part of the spells, I think it would be awesome to be a healer with a ton of +healing and actually cast spells every round and picking and choosing between cure light, serious, crit and heal.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 05:53:04 AM »
My 2 cents...
From a purely logic based perspective:

1. If total healing per spell is on average reduced, the average number of healing spells required to mitigate damage from enemy combat rounds goes up. As a result, the value of blocking/reducing the potency of moderate to high damage hits goes up significantly.

2. If the average number of healing spells required to mitigate damage from enemy combat rounds has increased due to a healing change then the chance that combat memming is required during any difficult fight increases. As a result, spells that are well suited to covering this "healing gap" will have increased value.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say druids will be one of the big winners from these changes overall.

jrrestad

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 09:57:32 AM »
And because we need 2 clerics, a shaman, and a druid in a group, and group size is limited to 8 now, less tanks in a group, more damages per tank, more damage I can hoard!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »
My 2 cents...
From a purely logic based perspective:

1. If total healing per spell is on average reduced, the average number of healing spells required to mitigate damage from enemy combat rounds goes up. As a result, the value of blocking/reducing the potency of moderate to high damage hits goes up significantly.

2. If the average number of healing spells required to mitigate damage from enemy combat rounds has increased due to a healing change then the chance that combat memming is required during any difficult fight increases. As a result, spells that are well suited to covering this "healing gap" will have increased value.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say druids will be one of the big winners from these changes overall.

Jorquin, Stone Skin does block/reduce the potency of moderate to high damage MELEE.  I agree.  However, stone skin isn't very affective with fights with lots of minion type mobs whose v.hard hits wear down the stone skin as much as obliterates do.  If druids niche is going to be resistance/protection/whatever you want to call it, their magic protection needs to get a buff.  Resists are Okay as of right now.  Veil of ice needs a buff.  Bottom line.  It lasting 2 rounds is laughable.  No one would ever mem an 8th slot spell that will last 2 rounds.....  I think some attention needs to be thrown its way.  Even if it was 4 rounds it would be workable.  5-6 would be better.  We all know that in bigger fights, the melee damage is never the main issue.  It is the area barrage of the stuns, prisms, blastwaves, specs, etc. that hurt the group the most.  If druids are to be valued to protect the group against those attacks, I think their magical resistance need some looking at.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:39:19 PM by reed23 »

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
Rabble rabble rabble more 8th slot power!!

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »
Gram your spot at the kids table is reseved.

Reed-- agreed. I like the resistance increase idea.  I guess the balance with stone is to make sure on the pvp side it isn't too beefy of a shield.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 01:52:44 PM »
I like the idea of increasing the duration of veil of ice to make it a more usable option in the 8th slot.  It seems like a good change that would fit more in line of druid as a multi-purpose support role.  It may also heal the cloud full of tears we have seen a little bit. 

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 07:31:10 PM »
I feel like parry is actually going to be super useful in this arrangement.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
Screw parry. If you really want to shake things up, give warriors fence and ripost.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2015, 01:57:00 AM »
As if warriors need ANYTHING else, lolol lets just model them after the chuck Norris mob! yay no more hastegear